Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

hey cherok33, are you done already?

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I wish! Scheduled procedure is at 930. Very anxious, but valium is actually helping...still so scared. Just ready to get it over with :/ thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers :freehug: Dr. is awesome and I feel the strength so im going to walk in faith.

3. Gemini74

you will be alright. if your doc is good, it will be just unpleasant, but not necessarily painful. i ll be thinking of you

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Once the numbing agent kicks in, it's a walk in the park. I've had 4. And I can't handle epinephrine, so just getting a cavity filled is dreaded.

5. Cherok33

seriously praying the drugs kick in quick. I had one years ago, but 2 @ the same time is like whoa...thank you for the encouragement :freehug:

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I hope your appointment went well and that you're doing okay (no doubt you're nice & medicated at this point, lol). I pray you have a speedy recovery. :freehug:

7. Cherok33

thank you so much, Tam :freehug:

8. Gemini74

hey tam, how s your dad?

9. Tamstrong

You are very welcome. :freehug:

He's doing a lot better and seems glad to be home for the most part. His behavior toward my mother hasn't been good though. He's still mad at her for taking him to the hospital and mad at her for bringing him home, so he's been acting out. I honestly don't know how she finds the strength to handle him as well as she does (although it is taking its toll on her).

She's hoping to have a home health nurse to help her out soon. My dad had a nurse and a physical therapist working with him at home in the past but decided to stop cooperating with them and threw them out. I hope it works out better this time around.

Thank you for asking, BTW. :freehug:

10. Gemini74

good if he does better, but oh wow! cant you talk to him? my dad hated being sick and in need of help and he really turned out being an ass to anybody around him coz of that- until i told him that we all understand he feels bad but that that is no excuse to be unfriendly to everybody.
    a home nurse would definetly be a good idea. they can handle such situations with a distance, since there are no personal feelings involved. maybe he needs to understand that your mom needs that support to avoid him from throwing the next out.
    and no need to thank me for that, for real. :freehug:

11. Tamstrong

I had a chat with him, but his dementia it makes it hard to talk to him. I done so in the past as well, but even when he tries to do better, it doesn't last long. His mind isn't completely gone yet, but it's often like dealing with a child. Since his strokes (one big one & several minis), he's difficult to understand a lot of the time as well. He also has a terrible temper. Since he got sick he's gotten super emotional...usually either weepy or mad as hell.

I think it will be easier for him to accept the help now than it was back then; mostly because there won't be much he can do to be uncooperative. I did tell him that he'd better let the nurse do her/his job so he didn't get so bad off that he'd have to be sent someplace for 24/7 professional care. I also reminded him that my mother isn't as strong as she used to be and that she needed help taking care of him.

One of my brothers is giving my mother a hard time about the whole thing. He told her she was trying to kill our dad by not taking good enough care of him, which hurt her feelings. I told him if he thought he could do a better job then he needed to take him home and do it himself, and if not to shut up and leave her alone. He shut up (at least for the moment).

All of this stuff makes me not want to get old.

12. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear all this Tam, it's so very difficult watching our parents get older and having to come to terms with what is best for them. It can be very discouraging too, especially when you are dealing with dementia, a very difficult disease to live with and to take care of. I will pray for you and your family....stay strong for your mom my dear friend.

13. Tamstrong

Thank you so much, my sweet sister. I'm also thankful I have the Lord's strength holding me up and allowing me to be there for my mom. It's not easy, but I do my best to be there to support her since my dad got sick. Your prayers and encouragement are much appreciated. :freehug:

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I could use all the prayer I can get today. I attempting to evict some very irresponsible tenants from the first floor apartment in my home. While I think I have a pretty good case (late/non-payment of rent and at least 4 other lease violations), I'm just scared the MDJ won't see things my way or there will be some dumb loophole I'll fall through.

The latest in this saga is that a dog they've had on the premises since they signed the lease (which has a "No Pets" provision), had been kept in a large closet in their apartment. The dog chewed through the wiring that leads from the thermostat in my part of the house to the furnace in the basement, resulting in the heat to the entire house running for about 18 hours straight. My house is over 100 years old and I have the original radiators - they were so hot you couldn't touch them. And the tenants have polyester drapes that they tucked down behind the radiator.....need I say more? Created a very unsafe situation not to mention a gas bill I'm afraid to even open.

For the sake of my financial security and my sanity, I need to get them out ASAP.

Thanks for your prayers.

15. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

you have two choices...we can send TDK over to debate the issue to it's death causing them to run for their lives....or we can send of petty to physically bounce them into the street...please choose your option and I will send a request to GOD;)

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Hahahaha!!! Time is of the essence and I value my sanity, so we'll go directly to Petty!!

One small victory: The MDJ ruled in my favor and awarded me lost rent, court costs and damages, (which I'll never see, but it's the thought that counts, right?) and the right to possession. Now I wait for 11 days to see if they'll appeal (or just move the heck out). If they don't, I have to file an Order for Possession and wait ANOTHER 11 days, after which the constables will physically remove them if they're still there. I'm PLEADING with God that it won't go that long....they have trashed the place and it will take a while to ready it for a new tenant and I need one in there in a hurry...

17. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I am so glad you posted this...I consider it a sign that I should not rent a room in my house...I hope this is resolved soon for you!

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

If you do it, be excruciatingly choosy! I've been through 3 sets of tenants in less than 2 years. The first tenants came with the house. Had no choice there. They bailed on me in less than 2 months. Lease had just renewed. I got someone in there quickly, and he lasted a year, but was at least reliable. He had a DUI but was good for the rent. Within that year, he lost his job, had to quit school and paid his rent out of savings. Then he ended up in jail for parole violation. (Going to your parole officer with alcohol on your breath isn't advisable, btw. Lol). He moved out and I got a young couple in. After 2-1/2 months, they broke up, she moved out and left him hanging - he got a relative to move in and.....here we are. They use the apartment like a party pad. People (all cousins, don't ya know) crashing there, in and out all the time, smoking, drinking. The place looks like a frat house. Their living room is right below my bedroom so I get to experience it all....

I became a landlord so I could own a home. I want to resign now. :p

19. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

They sound like the tenants from hell. Best of luck Chessie.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thanks, babe. :freehug: