Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much everyone. I don't normally ask for help, and I'm trying to be better about that.

Friday was just such a horrible day. My days did get better.

Thank you all so much. Your thoughts and prayers helped me out tremendously. Much appreciation. :freehug:

2. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

there is nothing wrong in asking for help if truly needed :freehug:

3. Bookworm616

Very true.

I think it stems from my family always treating me like a child and like I can't do anything, because I'm the youngest in a family of 5. I've spent my adult life trying to prove them wrong. But everyone needs a little help once in awhile and that's the lesson I'm learning.

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I'd like to request prayer on behalf of the family of my son's childhood friend. He'd been missing since Wednesday afternoon, and he was found dead in his wrecked vehicle this morning. They're still investigating, but it seems he was rounding a curve and lost control of his truck, which went off the bridge and into the gully below. He was a good kid (only 22 :( ) and his family good people...please say a prayer for them. Thank you.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Will do, Tam.

6. Gemini74

my condulences to the family. wish them all they need to go through this hard time and i m happy for them, having a friend like you, who is there for them. :freehug:

7. Tamstrong

Thanks, y'all. I appreciate it. :freehug:

I wish I could be more there for them...I haven't seen much of them since they moved from the area, just an occasion trip to town to visit family here. I did see him my last day at my part time job though, and we had a nice little chat. I wish my son had gotten to see him.

My mother brought it up today, and I expressed that I hoped he didn't lay down there suffering. Then she commented on the terror he must have felt going over that bridge and falling into that ravine (it was reported as being "dozens of feet" deep)...now I can't get that image out of my head. They say it looked as though the pickup landed top down and then flipped over.

I pray he's resting in peace now.

8. Bookworm616

That's very sad.

I totally understand that last part. Sometimes it's hard not to imagine what was going through someone's mind in their last moments and then when you imagine it, it's hard to get it out of your head.

I'm sorry for you loss. 22 is way too young. I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

9. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

How awful, Tam. My prayers go out for this poor family

10. z

z Well-Known Member

Tam- Sad, God blees his soul! Hope his family gets enough strength to make thru this tragedy

11. Tamstrong

Thanks, y'all. Much appreciated. :freehug:

12. Tamstrong

My cousin committed suicide last night. I'd like to request prayers on behalf of my cousin's mom, siblings, nieces & nephews (especially the nephew who found him afterward), and his estranged wife. They are going to need all the prayers they can get at this time. Thank you.

13. Gemini74

oh gosh how terrible. my condulences for the family and you ... prayers on the way.

14. Tamstrong

Much appreciated, Gem. :freehug:

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Thoughts & prayers for you & family.

16. Tamstrong

Thank you, Ra-Ra. I appreciate it. :freehug:

17. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I hope all is well!!

18. Bookworm616

OMG. That is horrible. I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers going out to his family, and your family.

19. Tamstrong

With God's help it will get better, but it'll be a while before they'll heal from this (if they do). My aunt seems to be in shock and not having much of a reaction yet, and his siblings are all blaming his wife since her leaving him is why he did it. Thanks for the well wishes, Stizz. :freehug:

Thanks, Bookie. Much appreciated. :freehug:

20. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

God that's so difficult. I bet his wife has tremendous guilt. Terrible situation. I'm so sorry, prayers for all of them (and you).