Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

He only has 3 other friends listed and their profiles don't tell me where they live. Nothing on his profile that indicates anything amiss. Except he lists my hometown as his hometown. :confused:

2. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

None of his family members posted/commented on his page/photos before that you could message?

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

No family members that I can tell.

4. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

What about a close friend?

5. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Praying for you papa bear. Dude is strong as hell, got to trust that he'll be alright.

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Update: I finally got a hold of GL. He's struggling with depression amongst other things. Having a tough time right now. He promised me he would get to the doctor next week. Please keep him in your prayers. Thanks.

7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the update.

If you talk to him again, please let him know there are some very concerned posters here who are worried about him.

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I did tell him. I shared who asked about him and I know he's appreciative of the thoughts and prayers. Thank you, Bookie and Tam and others who cared enough to be concerned. :freehug:

9. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Ches...please let him know he is in my prayers...depression is very serious and nothing to be ashamed of...we need h here or comic relief:freehug:

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

It is indeed serious. I will let him know you're praying for him. :freehug:

11. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Let him know that his dysfunctional wwbm family loves him and that we're here for him, whatever he may need.

And thanks for keeping us updated.

12. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thank you so much for the update, Ches. Send him our love & a great big hug. He's in my prayers and thoughts. I'm glad he's going to the doctor; hopefully he'll get the help he needs for his depression.

13. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I checked this thread a few times throughout the night, hoping for some news. I'm very glad you were able to reach GL. Thanks Ches, you are a kind and thoughtful friend! I will continue to pray for him.

14. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

Big hugs for gl from this side, too. Depression is a hard thing to handle.

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thanks all, for your support for GL. I think he just needs to address his struggles a little more aggressively. Some of you know how it can be when you're exhausted and overwhelmed and you just want to turn your brain off. I think that's what happened. I was alarmed by his messages to me so I'm very grateful to all who prayed, too. :freehug:

16. z

z Well-Known Member

I hope he is ok.

17. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Yes, our personal struggles can truly exhaust us and overwhelm us. I can speak for that firsthand. I hope he follows through with going to the doctor this coming week.

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers and please keep us updated, as much as you can without revealing more than he wants.

Thanks, Ches, for continuing to encourage and support him behind the scenes and for letting us know he's okay.

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You're welcome, Bookie.

19. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Please, send my love and prayers to GL!!!!

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Will do! :)