Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I will pray for you and your family, Cher.

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, Gorath :freehug:

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

prayer goes to u and family

4. Cherok33

Thank you GL

5. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

my dad n i were in terrible terms for plenty years, last but not least, because i decided to have black men. in the end we managed to find peace with each other and that mattered more then anything before.
    so just be grateful that the two of you found each other again and dont look back on the bad things. enjoy every minute you have to the fullest- and baby, dont cry.

[YOUTUBE]UX1D67ilNdw[/YOUTUBE]

6. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

At this point, you cannot allow your self to be completely destroyed by worry and grief. ..The very best thing you can do is confirm that he accepts redemption through Jesus. ..that way you are promised to be reunited with him in eternity. ...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  7. Cherok33

Gem, thank you! Like you, my relationship with my father has been very difficult over the past 20 years. A lot was left unsaid for so long, and we did part ways for a very long time. I recently found it in my heart and have prayed for so long to be able to want to forgive him for some of the choices he made and I have been able to do just that. I am not thinking about our past, but it does become unbearable thinking about all of the time we wasted.

Arch, thank you... Very thankfully, my father has known the Lord for many years. He is a Deacon at his church, as a matter of fact and before the cancer took him over, he was studying and preparing to become a Pastor. This is extremely comforting to me, knowing that he is not afraid because he will be in Heaven soon. I hope I will be worthy enough to join him one day...

** EDIT **

Just found out today that Medicare will pay for the expensive Chemo pills they want him to take. What a relief!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  8. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

^^^^God is good, all the time, Cherok33....

9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

My mother is scheduled to have a diagnostic procedure done tomorrow, and she's worried. She's afraid of being put to sleep, and nervous about the results. Any prayers on her behalf would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

10. Cherok33

Tam, your mother is in my prayers. Medical procedures are always scary, so I am hopeful she will find strength and courage through the power of prayer.

??????

11. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Prayers coming your way!

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well!

Prayers for all of you. I know you are anxious too.

13. Cherok33

Would also like to ask for support from all who would like to lift my father up in prayer. As you know, he's been fighting stage 4 cancer for months and he's been in hospice for a few months now. Well, it's about that time for our Father to call him home to paradise...and he's almost ready to let go. He's having a very difficult time letting go because he's worried about his wife of 28 years (they just celebrated their anniversary on Valentines') and what she will do without him. Who will take care of her, since his pension goes away...he's very worried :sad: and this incredible man loves us so much he worries about all of us and apologizes all of the time for getting sick with cancer. He's so kind and appreciative of everyone and he even asked me to thank you all for praying for him. Just breaks my heart...

I am at peace, but not ready to let him go. I don't want him to suffer any longer and I want him to finally be at peace... they will probably be removing the TPN line tomorrow (how he eats/nutrition & vitamins) because it's no longer doing him any good...so it's probably just a matter of days...

Pray for me too :smt022 please.

thank you

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I got you

15. Tamstrong

Thanks, y'all. It's very much appreciated. :freehug:

Extra prayers & lots of love on the way, Cher. :smt056

16. K

K Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Cherok33))))))))))

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Goodwill prayers for your Mom, Tam ?.and for your ailing Papa, Cherok. ? Our parents are so vulnerable at this age.

18. Tamstrong

Thanks, Bliss. :freehug:

It didn't get off to a smooth start, but they got it done. She's at home resting now. The pathology report will be in next week, and hopefully all is well.

Thanks again for the prayers, everyone. :freehug:

19. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry, Cherok.

I am sending prayers your way.

20. Cherok33

Thank you all so much ?? Whew been a tough last few days. More ahead :( it's just so difficult showing strength for my fathers sake when I'm so broken