Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thank you Jay. I know I need to take better care of myself. It is important to me be there for those who need me, but sometimes I wish I didn't care about others so much. But, like you said, I have to do me & that's part of who I am.

Thank you for the encouragement & for the compliments. I appreciate you too.

2. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

It's not a sign of weakness to ask for help when u need it, it's actually smart.
    Only a stupid person would be too proud to ask for help when needed.
    You are strong but even the strongest person needs help and support every now and then.
    I hope you will find a way to deal with all the shit that gets thrown your way.
    Do something that is just for you and makes you release some stress.
    For me long walks in nature or working out often helps a lot, cause it clears your head and sets free endorphins that brighten your mood.
    Stay strong sweetheart and feel hugged :smt056

3. Tamstrong

Thanks, Unique...I definitely feel hugged & I appreciate it. It's hard not to feel like I have to be superhuman sometimes with everything on my plate. I just have to remember not to let it overwhelm me & not to get mad at myself when I'm not perfect. Some me time would do me some good & a nice long nature walk is an awesome idea.

4. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

Thank you, honey. :smt058

Tam, I know that it's hard to ask for help. I struggle with that, too. The thing to remember is that we weren't put on this earth to go through things alone. We were given family and friends to help us through the bad times and to help us celebrate in the good times. I realize more and more everyday that I may not be as 'self-sufficient' as I once thought, and there is no shame in asking for help. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that you aren't fighting all these things alone. You have an army behind you. ;) Hugs and Kisses. :smt058

5. Tamstrong

Thank you so much GG. I thankful of the support because sometimes I forget I'm not alone & that I have God & others who love me to depend on. I always try so hard not be a burden or in anyone's way, that I convince myself my needs don't matter because I don't want to accept that I have any. It always fails because I know God wants us to depend on Him & without Him we have nothing. I know I need to cast my cares upon Him & let Him handle it all. Hugs & kisses to you, too. :smt058

6. GirlieGirl74

It's easier said than done, my friend. As believers, we all struggle with this one from time to time. I know that I do. I'll pray for your strength in that area if you promise to do the same for me. ;)

I also struggle with not wanting to be a burden to others; however, our family and friends don't consider it to be a burden to help. I know that I don't see it as being a burden when they come to me for help or when they need a shoulder to cry on so I shouldn't see it as a burden to them when they return the favor. Hang in there, girl. This too shall pass.

7. Tamstrong

It is truly easier said than done. Praying for each other's strength is a wonderful idea, & it's a promise I gladly make. :smt052

That's a good way to look at the burden issue. I've just gotta let that destructive thinking go, & let people love me the way I love them. I know I'll make it even when I don't feel like it sometimes. He's never left me & He never will...I just have to be careful not to leave Him (I've made that mistake before & I'm determined to never let it happen again).

Thanks for being so sweet GG; it's much appreciated. ;)

8. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

I will keep him in my thoughts. I hope everything turns out okay. Sending good vibes their way!!!

9. jayarmy

jayarmy New Member

Wow I hope he is okay and nothing went wrong. I will say a prayer for both of them. Hope he is home soon!!!

10. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

to those people in the new zealand earthquake...my heart goes out to you all

11. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Tam praying you get well soon. Feel better.

12. Tamstrong

Thank you Jordan; I appreciate you. :)

13. GirlieGirl74

Keeping the faith when your world is tumbling down around you is a difficult task; however, for the Christian, it is often the only hope that we have. I know that He will be faithful to you because of your faithfulness in Him. It may just not be on our time schedule, and that is a difficult lesson to learn too.

I think that you are pretty sweet yourself. ;) I will continue praying for your strength and faithfulness during this time.

14. Tamstrong

I know without a doubt that my faith is what keeps me going. I've hit bottom in my life before, beause I wouldn't get out of His way to keep me lifted up. I don't want to be that prodigal child ever again. I'm forever thankful that He received me with open arms when I finally made it back home. I'm not the most patient person (especially with myself), so I know that part of the purpose of what I'm going through is to build that patience. It's for sure hard to wait on God's timing & not our own. It makes me think of the patience prayer, "God grant me patience, and I want it right now!" lol.

Thanks for thinking I'm sweet. I try to be, but sometimes I know I'm not exactly a sweetheart...especially when negativity overtakes me; I don't like the person it turns me into. Thanks for the continued prayers, & I'll keep doing the same for you. :)

15. mama

mama Well-Known Member

Please pray for me, i have a lot of personal issues going on right now (issues i dont want to discuss online) i need some strength so your prayers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

16. wtarshi

got mine sweetheart...!!!! :smt058

17. Hugs and prayers to all you lovely ladies :smt056

18. z

z Well-Known Member

Will keep you, Tam and GG in prayers.

Yep, pls someone keep me in your prayers as well. As I am going under contract re-negotiation at my job as my heart does not desire to be here anymore and possibly not even this field, relationship issues up the wazoo... just issues this past week as I have no desire to work here and just unhappy and confused. Need Christ to put me in a right direction.

Thanx

19. wtarshi

man o man...!!! what on earth is going on round here...??? find the strength from within gz to change or improve your situation...!!! i'll send you all my positive thoughts...!!!

20. jayarmy

jayarmy New Member

You got it lady!!! You are in my prayers. I hope everything works out for you.