Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Oh man, that's horrible. No parent should have to bury their children. How is your friend holding up? I hope he has some loved ones close by for support.

2. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

He is doing well, I try not to bother him that much since he got his record label & his other business. But I see his is holding up.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I wish him the best. Keep us posted.

4. CAkicker

Didn't know where to put it, but I thought it was nice

[​IMG]

5. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Nice one :)

6. CAkicker

I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow (Sept. 1st) & I'm anxious about it. Please pray that it goes well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Prayers on the way! I know it's easier said than done sometimes, but try not to worry. It's not as terrible a process as it seems like it would be. One minute anesthesia is knocking you out, and it seems like just a few minutes pass before it's over and you're waking up again. I hope all goes well for you.

8. beccaomecca

You've got this CA!! I've been violated both ends in hospital fashion on numerous occassions, you'll just get some good solid sleep and won't feel a thing :)

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I was awake for mine and had to drink the most disgusting liquid in my life. But, l got to watch it as they probed. (It was years ago).

10. beccaomecca

Oh wow! I can't believe you had to endure that awake. That liquid is haunting!! I wish i could say I've only had it once. They really need to reformulate that rubbish lol.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah, just a local anesthetic.
    And yass!, that gut-wrenching drain-cleaner of a drink has to die!
    I hope CA wasn't too traumatized by the process.

12. CAkicker

I wasn't. I had the shot.

Well, everything went well. The Dr. was seeing if my J-pouch was working...It is. I'm now waiting for the biopsy, Doctor wasn't concerned about it. So I'm good

13. Tamstrong

The liquid laxative from Hell was traumatizing! What made it even worse for me was the cherry scented/flavored nastiness mine had that made it even harder to choke down. *shudders*

Yikes...I wouldn't want to be wake during the probing process. Knocking folks out is standard practice for the doctor I went to, but they would've had to put me under regardless since my appointment was more involved. I also had an endoscopy/deep endoscopy and a couple of biopsies, so I'm happy I was unconscious.

I'm glad to hear it went well.

14. beccaomecca

Hi friends,

My best friend and neighbour of 3 years unexpectedly passed in the early hours of Friday morning just gone. Unfortunately I was the one to find her lifeless body and had to perform cpr for half an hour on her while I waited for the medics, as a result of what I witnessed am struggling big time.

Last Christmas wasn't kind and this Christmas followed suite, my friend at the age of only 42 leaves behind two autistic daughters aged 11 and 12 who's lives have been completely uprooted and their future is now unknown.

The next few days are going to be extremely challenging, tomorrow in particular assisting with the removal of belongings and the clean up.

This untimely and traumatic experience has left a huge void and has hit home how fragile life truly is. I was blessed enough to have a close relationship where we text every single day without fail for 3 years straight and were over eachothers houses at least every second day. Wherever there was Jo, there was Bec (double trouble). We were due to join planet fitness the same day she passed and had even text up until 9pm on the Thursday night, 5 hours later her daughter's were at my front door screaming for my help.

Please squeeze your children and loved ones extra tight and count your blessings daily.

Please keep my beloved friend and her precious daughters in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks so much. X

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I just wanted to extend my deepest condolences and I'm very sorry for your loss, Becca. Please stay encouraged.

16. Tamstrong

Oh, Becca, I'm so sorry for your loss, and for those poor babies. My heart goes out to you all. *hugs*

17. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I am so, so sorry, my condolences! Words aren’t enough in such a situation but will definitely keep you and her daughters in thoughts and prayers. Is there any known cause for what happened? Was she ill?
    *hugs*

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Was just thinking of you two days ago, yesterday and even earlier today. Wondering where you have been...
    This is very traumatic. You must still be in shock, Becca. Your pain is palpable...feeling so sad for you right now :(
    Lifs is so unfair!
    We are here for you, please 'talk' to us here whenever you need to, no matter if it's one word ot 1000. Whatever you need to cope with all of what happened and is happening. Praying for your friend's family, for you and anyone impacted by Jo's untimely passing. Love you, young lady <3

19. CAkicker

I'm sorry for your loss, you're in my prayers

20. beccaomecca

Thank you all so much I love and appreciate you all. Xx

I wish we knew what happened, it might somehow bring a lightness to such a dark situation, all I know is it felt like a scene out of a horror movie and I can't erase the imagery, my friends whole head was purple but the rest of her body was still white, sadly it was her younger daughter that had been in the room with her and found her in this state.

My feelings are that it could be a few different factors, we'd gone to the Brisbane Show (Ekka) in August and she got her fourth covid Pfizer shot out of convenience.

She then went to her Uncle's funeral in September and as a non-smoker was exposed to three days of being around smokers, she came home and had this god awful cough and then lost her voice I figured she had laryngitis and told her to get to the doctors, this smokers sounding cough for six weeks straight but then afterwards it was there every so often. But may have even developed pneumonia..

She also was recently under so much stress from our insane cost of living situation here and just didn't know how she'd cope next year with our further rent increases.

Sadly her Sister who she was extremely close to passed away 18 months ago and she just could never heal from that pain, my sweet friend passed away just two days after her Sisters 18 months passed mark. But because of the timing we won't know anything until next year :'(

Myself and the family did a big clean up today but the eldest daughter who's always been around me just couldn't part with the house and I couldn't bare to see her in such distress so she's spent another night with me instead of going to her Grandma's place. Tomorrow is going to be yet another challenge because she isn't going to want to leave tomorrow either :,(

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List