Ex-President Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackbull1970, Apr 30, 2017.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Bliss, it's not that colleges don't want Asians. What they don't want is Asians to be overrepresented on their campuses. At schools like UCLA and Berkley, for example, although Asians represent less than 6% of the U.S. population and 11% of California, they make up over 40% of the student population at the aforementioned schools.

What's worse is that nearly half of all HS grads from California are Black or Latino. So a great state school like UCLA is failing its core mission to educate its residents.
    California passed Prop 209 in 1997 in favor of colorblind admissions and this was the result.

What's funny is when Affirmative Action became a part of U.S. law in 1961, it was meant to remedy centuries of racial discrimination experienced by Blacks.
    Now anyone who's a non-White male believes they should be considered for college admissions under AA.smh

This is a great article from Columbia on the 7 myths about Affirmative Action.
    http://www.columbia.edu/content/seven-myths-about-affirmative-action-universities.html
    (The fourth myth discussed is particularly insightful.)

I was under the impression that private universities weren't subject to affirmative action policies,(although they do rigorously practice them) due to the First Amendment.

Look, I know it sucks if you're Asian, have a 4.2 GPA, graduate top 5% of your HS class and have near perfect SAT scores and still don't get into the school of your choice, despite it appearing you achieved all the academic criteria. However grades and high test scores isn't enough. And I don't think this lawsuit will force any university to reveal the details of their admissions selection process.

According to the Columbia U. article, below is but a general list of the qualifications applicants need for admission to elite public and private universities. Notice many of these categories can be broadly interpreted;

High school grade point average;

The rigor of the high school courses taken;

Alumni relationships (parent, sibling, or grandparent);

Quality of the essay;

Personal achievement;

Leadership and service;

Socio-economically disadvantaged student or education;

Athletic ability;

Underrepresented racial or ethnic minority identity or education; and

Residency in an under-represented region.

Seriously, one of the best ways to get into a top 10 school is to move someplace like South Dakota for HS.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Bernie wanted him primaried???

Dayum!

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Facts. Feel free to look it up.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Never been a fan of the far left, seems they suck even more than I thought.

5. andreboba

6. andreboba

7. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

I'll say this: whether you identify as a conservative or a liberal, this is a really, really bad time to centrist. The far left and far right wings of both parties are winning.

8. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

^How is the "far left" winning??? Where???

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  9. bodhesatva

bodhesatva Well-Known Member

Well you could make the argument that liberals aren't winning at all! But within the Democratic party, since the election, the group that has done best for itself is the "Bernie" side of the party. For example, the party has begun to adopt medicare for all more broadly.

10. RicardoCooper

All candidates endorsed by Bernie Sanders since 2016 have lost.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/11/all-of-the-candidates-bernie-sanders-is-endorsing-are-losing/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Enough_Sanders_Spam/comments/68fnfw/is_there_a_list_anywhere_of_berniecrat/

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. MightyLighty

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You're usually on point but here you're not.

I'm happy to be a Centrist.

13. RicardoCooper

We're a dying breed.

Centrism is the way the US system was designed. Extremists can never get anything done.

14. RicardoCooper

These dudes are literally outsourcing the job of fucking their women to black "bucks". Only a matter of time before the white woman looks to cut out the middleman.

15. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Obama is saying:

I'm a corporate owned shilled that picked-up where Bush left off.....fucked over you dummies and sacrificed the Black community on the alter of illegal immigration....I'm out ya'll.

16. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

17. thefieryphoenix

thefieryphoenix Active Member

The cuckold game is popular because the white men think all black men want to take the white man's wife--and do this for his entertainment as he watches or films. It's really strange when you think about it.

18. MightyLighty

19. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Ya'll make sure of that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. MightyLighty

^I know, black people are white people's BIGGEST cheerleaders, we give all our money for Jordan's and material things owned by them.