President sending 4,000 troops to Africa to fight Ebola: "if they catch....

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Oct 8, 2014.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

yea but all you needed was shots if you caught that crap.
    It wasn't something I worried about since we already had vaccines.
    I don't recall one person dying from this.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

They got shit for Ebola too but mothafuckas ain't lined up to catch that

3. archangel

They ran out of that a while ago.

:smt037

I just figured I ain't that important for someone to be sending me anthrax in the mail. Most of the folks who got the letter were high profile.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I know right

Only thing I'm worried about is bill collectors or court summons

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

wasn't it thatt Anthrax was detected at a main postal hub/processing center that handles millions of pieces of mail and the terror that paralyzed us was that it was terrorists putting it in random mail.

Amen.

6. archangel

Looks like guy targeted the media and politicians. I mean he has to know who you are. to send it to you. most of us in here are nobodies....:smt042

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ha right right.
    I do recall however, at least in the beginning. ..it was intimated that terrorists were behind it

And phonebooks were still around in 2001 lol. My detentions were full of writing addys of nobodies :p

Btw a model just got decades in prison for sending Obama anthrax in the mail.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Phonebooks?

Damn you taking it back

9. archangel

lol
    I actually have gotten a phonebook this year.
    Texas is a blast from the past.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

'Ebola is the next AIDS':
    CDC chief warns of global health catastrophe as leaders of West African countries plead for help at crisis talks in DC

[​IMG]

-Sierra Leone President Ernst Bai Koroma appealed for help, calling Ebola 'a tragedy unforeseen in modern times'

- The presidents of Guinea and Liberia also made pleas for more aid to fight the virus that has killed more than 3,800 people in West Africa

By Associated Press

Published: 07:23 EST, 9 October 2014 |

The head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Dr Tom Frieden said: 'In the 30 years I've been working public health, the only thing like this has been AIDS, and we have to work now so that this is not the world's next AIDS.'

[​IMG]

Since the Ebola outbreak last December, some 3,865 people had died from the disease in West Africa, according to WHO figures until October 5.
    His grave remarks came at the World Bank meeting in D.C. as the president of Sierra Leone today called on the world to send millions of dollars, hundreds of doctors and thousands of nurses to his nation to help fight what he calls 'a tragedy unforeseen in modern times.

'Our people are dying,' President Ernst Bai Koroma said today as he spoke via video conference at a World Bank meeting on the Ebola epidemic in Washington D.C.

He described devastating effects of 'this evil virus' - saying children are being orphaned, doctors and nurses are dying, and Sierra Leone's health care system is overwhelmed.

Koroma said the world's response has been slower than the spread of the disease, and its spread will threaten people everywhere.

The presidents of Guinea and Liberia also made pleas for more aid to fight the virus that has killed more than 3,800 people in West Africa.

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon called for a 20-fold surge in international aid to fight Ebola.

'For those who have yet to pledge, I say please do so soon,' he said. 'This is an unforgiving disease.'

[​IMG]

At the meeting here, President Alpha Conde of Guinea made an urgent plea for money, supplies, medicine, equipment and training of health care workers.

'Our countries are in a very fragile situation,' Conde said through a translator. President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia also appeared by videoconference to seek a rapid increase in aid.

World Bank President Jim Yong Kim endorsed pledges on Thursday from the United States and United Nations to guarantee medical evacuations for health care workers responding to the crisis, an effort to ensure that enough doctors and nurses are willing to risk their lives to help stop the disease. No details were given at the meeting.

[​IMG]

Kim also said that more hospitals and local health centers must be built quickly to ensure that West Africans have faith that they can get the care they need in their own community, and no longer fear that Ebola centers are places that people go to in order to die.

[​IMG]

Kim, a doctor who formerly led the World Health Organization's global AIDS treatment program, said studies of past disease outbreaks, such as the SARS virus, show that 80 percent to 90 percent of the economic impact comes from 'the fear factor that surrounds the outbreak.'

The most urgent humanitarian need -getting medical care to treat people in their own communities - is also the best way to stop the spread of Ebola into other nations and counter the fear that magnifies its economic damage, Kim said.

'Trying to block your borders or isolate those countries in some way is not going to work,' he cautioned other nations.

A World Bank report this week estimated that the economic toll of the largest Ebola outbreak in history could reach $32.6 billion if the disease continues to spread in West Africa through next year.

'Every dollar spent now may well be worth more than $20 or $30 spent in two months' time,' said David Nabarro, the United Nations special envoy on Ebola.

'This is a moment when there must be no postponement of financing decisions, no postponement of action.'

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Who knows

I'd still like to know where these diseases magically come from tho

Shits crazy

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ebola has been around for yonks, but I know some doctor dude discovered it.

No why has it become so rampant since March, 2014 is the other question

(omg a skunk just let off its stench out back as I was typing this... bleaaach! [​IMG]

15. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

The CDC is wildly corrupt and the author of the Tuskeegee experiment.

I don't believe shit they say.

Funny how all these diseases from ebola...aids...to west nile... all SUPPOSEDLY come from Black Africa...

This is all a scheme to peddle dangerous vaccines to a brain-dead population.

How can a disease that killed 3,800 people be called a catastrophe when the CDC themselves say anything BELOW 200,000 cases is NOT a threat???

Use your brains people...while you still can.

Remember...Jews were blamed for every sneeze and snifle in europe.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  16. flaminghetero

They should be funding their armies to toss the US troops the fuck out their countries.

17. flaminghetero

They magically come from the CDC..

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The CDC were behind awful Tuskegee Exp? I didn't realize it was them.

Well not all diseases come from Africa.

Now I did ponder yesterday if they started offering an Ebola vaccine, would I take it...'UM, fuck no was my visceral. No way, don't trust flu vaccines, let alone an Ebola one.

I also question in times of epidemic fears...WHICH drug company is profiting from it. Hmmm. Follow the money...always yeah.

19. flaminghetero

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What a read. 'What word is synonymous with patentable creations or inventions? …You guessed it: Inventors.'

Well well well...! So our mitts are protectively all over this 'disease', huh.

I have been somewhat skeptical of the rushed 'experimental' drug they gave E Duncan before they ever gave it to him..they were discussing it in the news last week and I remember thinking, 'how convenient it just appeared..lol, and how rich will they become?' (Like the H1N1 Flu scare a cpl years ago and the vaccine made the Swedish? pharm company billions)

Now they might be onto something in suggesting that it originated as a biogerm for warfare....its the perfect sneaky and swift killer, no? Unless it gets out of control, then political heads start to sweat. Ugh, they will never admit though if so.