President sending 4,000 troops to Africa to fight Ebola: "if they catch....

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Its not a patent on the Ebola disease. It's a patent for an Ebola Vaccine.
    (Which I wont ever take though)

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Sssssh now ur upsetting their belief that it's a conspiracy by the gubmint to kill blacks

:p

As for vaccines, in healthcare it's often mandatory that you get your shots

When h1n1 was breaking out, they made us take 'brand spanking new' vaccines or risk being terminated

And of course traditional flu shots are mandatory every year

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

My hospital won't term you but you will be required to put a mask on, upon entering for each shift and you have to wear it the entire shift. You know how hot those things get lol. No thank you. I pull my sleeve up and let them vaccinate me ;)

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

At first our director was saying that you would be allowed to wear a mask if you objected to shots, then they reversed course and said oh no shots are MANDATORY

a herbalist was fired from the children's hospital here and made news headlines for it, because it highlighted the unseen war between patient safety and worker's rights

I think he was a herbalist anyway, can't remember

I know it went against his beliefs

Sometimes I'd wear a mask for entire shifts just because hospitals are notorious for making people sick

I was the brunt of many jokes like 'oh I bet he makes women sterilize before sex'

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  5. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

lol I'd make fun of you too if I saw you masking up by choice :rolleyes: Silly boy :smt058

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

However it is rational to factor into your thinking that there indeed might be some government deception in play so as to not panic the population.......The government refuses to come forward and tell what they truly know about the different strains of Ebola.......Laboratory test show that there is a strain called "Ebola restin" whose molecules can travel airborne a distance of 3 feet and survive on a dry atmospheric surface for 7 hours......further more, this same strain will survive for several days in a wet atmospheric surface such as bathrooms, where moisture is abundant............

8. z

z Well-Known Member

Good point Arch, from what I know

Ebola virus disease (EVD), formerly known as “African Hemorrhagic Fever”, is a severe, an acute, serious illness which is often fatal if untreated.

First appeared in 1976 in 2 simultaneous outbreaks, one in Nzara, Sudan, and the other in Yambuku, Democratic Republic of Congo. The latter occurred in a village near the Ebola River, from which the disease takes its name

Ebola Subtypes

Ebola-Zaire, Ebola-Sudan, Ebola-Ivory Coast, Bundibugyo-(emerged in Uganda)
    -cause disease in humans

The fifth Ebola species, the Reston virus, differs markedly from the others, because it is apparently maintained in an animal reservoir in the Philippines and has not been found in Africa. From what I read it is disease in nonhuman primates

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Maybe it will go away if we pretend that it's not a big deal.

10. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

3 cases in a country with a population of 300 million is not a big deal.

California running out of water...now that's a big deal.

11. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Says the fool that implied Trayvon Martin shouldn't have worn a hoody.:rolleyes:

12. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

We all hope you are right. .......But let us see where we are as a country after that 21 day incubation and quarantine period. .....

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No big deal of course. :smt095
    4000 troops headed to a region to fight ebola, they will be treated here where medical workers have not been sufficiently trained. I don't see a problem at all.

14. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

It's a plausible argument/position to hold. But, to play Devil's Advocate in this equation, whenever the public to media or media to public react in an overly cautious manner, there's some "good" in that regard where this bit of hysteria can prevent the spread of anything on a grand scale by taking extra precautions. If the government is suppressing any further information (which is unlikely), then the panic of the overall population exceeds the threat of this new strain of virus.

The entire ebola fiasco is not quite as much of a threat as say, the entreovirus D86, that recently caught a good chunk of people compared to ebola. We should exercise caution and taken preventative measures, yes, but we definitely need to keep ourselves from panicky ruin, lest we will suffer from something worse than ebola.

15. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

30,000 people will die from the influenza virus this year in the U.S.

Let's keep everything in perspective.

If you see a stranger at the mall vomiting uncontrollably or leaking liquid poop out their backside, don't go run over to em and rub all that mess all over your face and you should be good.

Airborne illnesses are the real gamechanger, but if this strain of ebola was that type there would already be hundreds of thousands dead in West Africa.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Well that's the media for you

Stirring the masses while the real threat is ignored

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It comes off as being dismissive when people pretend that they know everything about ebola. People in this country are not having panic attacks over the disease; however its a big enough cause of concern to be up for discussion. Interesting how medical professionals are being infected in the course of caring for patients yet everyone with a television is an expert on the disease. Anyway maybe we should talk about the flu. Scary shit huh?

18. Raudi

Raudi Member

[YOUTUBE]/kfwfMFBV34g[/YOUTUBE]:smt037

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No, they don't. More like like 500. And that's pushing it.

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/4661442

Btw, given the choice, I'd rather die from the flu than organ liquidating Ebola. :neutral:

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member