President sending 4,000 troops to Africa to fight Ebola: "if they catch....

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Oct 8, 2014.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Not even sure why I cosign andreboba if he's going to get his facts busted like this

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh look, and you're still here.

I got it once, and recovered just fine. Ebola, not so much.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Haha, normally he's on point. He gets a noogie for inciting iinfluenza hysteria. :p

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Incubation and quarantine has been increased to 42 days. It also continues to remain virulent in semen for 70 days.

Also, interestingly, on July 31st, President Obama by executive order revised quarantine law 13295 to include that if you have ANY fever (other than the flu) that can transmit, the govt has the power to quarantine you.

See section 1b...
    http://m.whitehouse.gov/the-press-o...ised-list-quarantinable-communicable-diseases

5. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

With the scare in our country no one should relish the role of an alarmist... but the University of Minisota ( a well respected research institution in this field) just release some chilling findings to the Word Health Organization regarding Ebola:
    - Contrary to what the CDC says about a 6 day surface life, their studies show Ebola can last 50 days in 39 degrees or below…..It seems to thrive even better in cold temperatures----At freezing temperature, it will last indefinitely or a long time which means it comes back about when thawed…….This is all outside its human host on arbitrary surfaces.....

- Also Contrary to what the CDC is putting forth, Laboratory test show the Ebola is airborne and has the potential to be transmitted via inhaled breath and infectious aerosol particles (CLOSE BREATH)…. Further, they advise that the protective gear surgical mask, our health care workers are using is woefully insufficient and will not prevent transmission of Ebola…..They advise Medical workers must immediately be given full hooded gear and power air purifying respirators……..Heaven help us if Amber Vinson’s exhale circulated thoroughly on those two flights………

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I was just quoting numbers put out by the CDC. I never knew they had a campaign to encourage people to get the flu vaccine and were cooking their numbers.

Based on what we see in the media, that 500 number of deaths directly related to influenza seems too low since not everyone who dies from flu like symptoms gets a lab test to confirm if it's the flu or not.

All I know is getting the flu and having it treated too late can be deadly and lead to other serious health problems.
    I had the flu as a kid and it developed into bacterial pneumonia.

I've had older relatives die from organ failure after having the flu for several weeks at home and it was never treated properly(their caregivers thought it was just a cold and would go away).

Telling me that the CDC(!!) is involved in active political propaganda to encourage people to get the flu vaccine is really going to make me paranoid as hell.:toimonster:

How do you read the info in links like the ones below??;

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...rage-fluctuates-depending-on-how-you-slice-it

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/kidsandtheflu/a/deaths-from-flu.htm

Let's put it this way, historically the influenza virus and its various strains have killed and will kill more people than Ebola ever will, and the flu is much more contagious.

What's scary is if Bliss' link is closer to the truth and flu deaths are greatly overstated by a factor of 60-70x, almost every official medical and media source is quoting the CDC's flawed statistical model numbers.

I understand why the CDC has an incentive to 'scare' people into being vaccinated, because of how contagious the influenza virus is and prone to antibiotic resistant mutations, but they shouldn't misrepresent the truth about the illness.

Having to cross-research every bit of 'factual info' on the interwebz is a pain in the ass.:rolleyes:

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

There's only one strain of Ebola that can be transmitted through the air, according to the CDC and WHO.:neutral::shock:

We'll see what the death toll in West Africa is in about a month, but I don't think we're dealing with that particular strain of the disease.

Nurses who treated the Liberian patient in Texas said he was left in an open area in clear exposure to other nurses and patients, and his waste product at times was piled up 'to the ceiling' and not properly stored for disposal.

Nearly everyone in that hospital would be infected with Ebola if it was as contagious as the flu.

8. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Andre,
    The precise incubation period is still an unknown variable at this point......we still have to wait and see. ...we are not out of the woods yet. ....

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

10. Raudi

Raudi Member

[YOUTUBE]/lK4Iw5vvVM0[/YOUTUBE]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:smt038:smt038:smt038

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Even if your numbers were off the spirit of what you're saying is true. Remember SARs or even the swine flu? It seems like the media just loves to push fear and propaganda to increase viewership not actually produce information. They flat out lie and to be honest all these zombie movies and show are apparently not good for people because every asshole is waiting on the edge of their seat waiting to live the Walking Dead as if this shit is tv. A lot of people are hoping for a pandemic so they can play out their bs Rick fantasies.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Fantasies? Are you talking about living in broken buildings with rats and smelling like ass? :smt043:smt043

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Amazing how no one bugs the fuck out over how nasty they smell

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Nope because these stupid mofos don't realize real life and tv are two wildly different things. They don't get most people will die from infections and disease rather than a blaze of zombie glory. Just google zombie apocalypse and see how many dummies are getting ready for this shit like its around the corner. Ask these same dummies to vote for true universal healthcare and they'll look at you like you're the crazy one.