Prince has died. R.I.P

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Wow! That's tragic. Prince was an innovative artist. A performer that was in a class all by himself. His music hits a lot of chords in all of us. As William Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet; "He was a man. Take him for all and all, I shall not look upon his like again."

"Baby, I'm a star."

Thank you.

May he Rest In Peace.

May Joan Laurer(Chyna) Rest In Peace.

May Doris Roberts Rest In Peace.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

My friend just texted me that he was just at Walgreens last night getting meds. Geeze...you just never think you're going to die just like that...l mean, he should never have gone so swiftly without dire warning signs, at the least. It's actually bizzare...

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I met Prince in person, along with a bunch of other fans, back in 2004 on a Los Angeles sound stage. I was too nervous to make eye contact, but he had an unearthly aura about him. I knew immediately that I was in the presence of a strangely gifted individual.

I suppose we will never solve the riddle of Prince the man. Somehow I feel robbed of the chance to read the memoir that never was, but that's okay. He was an enigmatic figure who made the world of music brighter and decidedly funkier. May he rest in peace.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  4. K

K Well-Known Member

I've been watching stories from those who knew him well. It's so moving to hear how generous he was in all that he did beyond the music. All the things that he supported and did without people knowing it was him. I realize part of that has to do with the JW beliefs, but I think it was beyond the views of the church and very much about who he was.

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I was listening to all of the tributes to Prince on my way home. The music world lost a great one today. RIP, Prince.

6. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

RIP...I will never forget going on a roadtrip to Minneapolis with a bunch of college friends...destination "First Avenue" dance club...

57 years young...a legend...so sad...

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

[​IMG]

8. RIP damn they all dying :smt022:smt022

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

11. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I remember as a kid growing up in the 80's and barely knowing anything about music, there were two names I did know Michael Jackson and Prince. And now they are both gone. Just a very sad day we lost a true artist and from all the stories coming out a great human being.

RIP

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Me too. I seen him in concert back in the 80's. He and MJ was the music of the 80's especially for me, that was my time. I remember my friend outside of High School bumping his music on a boom box while all the girls was dancing around.

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Here are some of the brands who paid tribute to Prince on today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  14. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

I thought is was just a hoax but, sadly, it's not. Rest in Paradise

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I thought of you earlier today when I heard the news. My heart goes out to his family and all of his fans. R.I.P. to an irreplaceable icon and legend. He was truly bigger than just his music.

16. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

:freehug:

Yes, he truly was.

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I love Google's tribute and even TMZ's
    [​IMG]

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'm hearing rumors that Prince was battling a hidden illness and finally succumbed to it. Maybe cancer like Bowie had. Just guessing.

But now I don't believe it was the flu alone that killed him since Prince was seen at a local Minneapolis pharmacy near Paisley Park.

Prince stated at a recent performance to fans, "Wait a few days before you waste any prayers.”

????

Why would he say that?? Maybe he meant prayers for him to get well and not prayers in mourning.
    Still it was a prophetic statement.:(

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Well I just posted an article saying he had a history of epilepsy... Not saying that was it but....

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Just a couple months after Vanity... RIP