Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

*looks at Raider's avi*

Wait...what was I going to say again?

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Lol aww, love me some sincey :freehug:

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I do not get this whole Ice Bucket craze, at all. All I know is that the next motherfucker that winds up doing it and dies from a severe case of pneumonia, don't expect me to grieve for your loss. Rather, I'll just give you a big ass laugh for your recklessness.

I understand your thirst for charity AND wanting your fifteen second of fame, but if you want to show your support, then by all means...just write a check or donate some money to show your love and concern for something you're so passionate about. I don't throw rocks at my head to support research for autism, and neither should you.

4. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

What about the fire challenge? Lmao.

5. Morning Star

Same damned thing. The only difference is...instead of frostbite, they'll know what it's like to be black in a racist world -- burning sensation to run, run, and run.

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

A friend showed me one and the dude nearly broke his neck getting out of the shower. He couldn't get the fire out. Lol

7. Morning Star

I think I saw that one. What a sick and funny, stupid people. Now...we value sensationalism more than the cause.

8. RaiderLL

Everyone I know who's done it has donated $100 and then done the challenge just for fun. I don't see an issue with it. If the ice water gets the word about about this cause and engages buy in...more power to them imo.

9. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

My type of water challenge.....
    [​IMG]

*disclaimer* All forum women are welcome to take part. Lol

10. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Agreed. And at least the weather is warm, which shouldn't cause too many health issues for most people.

I just wish all of this fresh water wasn't being wasted. That's my only gripe with this challenge.

11. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

agreed!

all these people dumping water on them yet i get a letter from the water company saying my outdoor water usage has gone up and we are in a drought.

the bright side is my bonston ivy, snow princess lobularia and petunias are flourishing nicely. vitamin b-1 does wonders to stimulate new growth.

12. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I'm glad we don't have that issue. Trees and plants flourish lovely here.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  13. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I've been challenged and it's the end of winter...grrrrr. I'm never one to back down, so will probably do it today as it's 21 today and yhis super bug I've been wrestling with is at it's end

I'll be doing it in my garden as well so the waters not being wasted ;)

14. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

:smt038:smt038:smt038

More proof that you rock! I wish more people did that. Every video I've seen, people have been standing on pavement. ARGH.

Stay warm!

15. RaiderLL

It's all in the locale I guess...I've seen everyone on the steps of their pools using pool water with a bag of ice dumped in it lol. Most are trying to be mindful of the drought issue! If they dumped on pavement I'd have to call them on it ;)

16. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

I did something similar! Since my backyard is all rock (soon to be patio stones...) I decided to shower with my bucket the night before. Then as I showered, the bucket filled with water that would've been going down the drain anyways.

17. Morning Star

Does anybody want some dick?

[​IMG]

18. satyr

satyr New Member

Not dumping a fucking ice bucket on my head for Lou Gehrig's disease. Only 5,600 are diagnosed with it every year and it's something that blacks almost never contract.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i agree....but because water is getting scarce, i think doing a happy dance challenge would have been fun.

20. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

he couldn't have planned the arrest any better, then to get caught with an ak days before your album drops! he didn't even bail out...

the other spectrum, divorce rumors and elevator fight made sales of the concert rise. even the sister had a rise in album sales.

some artists can play the media really well to turn a profit.