Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

My point was that so many feel disappointed by Obama and I wonder if the hopes will be as high for her as it was for him or do we as a people expect less?
    Personally I'm an Elizabeth Warren fan so I lose either way.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The only reason people had such high hopes for Obama is because they are naive to politics. These are the same people who cry that he drones bad guys while holding a Nobel Peace Prize

I guess movies have trained people to believe in the Magic Negro character like Bagger Vance who can magically clean up the white man's mess

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

You may never know. Political season will be unpredictable and volatile all at once. It could have been Clinton last time before Obama stepped, and it could very well happen again, though unlikely. But, we may see some shifts in Congress too, unless some foul ups occur.

You know his logic, "If it's not black-related, there's little to fuss about."

4. satyr

satyr New Member

(I write this from the political bubble of California where Obama is generally liked.)

Obama's election would be a different milestone from Hillary Clinton's. The Clinton brand name is the largest boon and bane to her candidacy. It recalls the first years of post-Cold War America, record economic growth, and the sheer fun of Bill Clinton. It also reminds people of the ruthlessness of the Clinton political brand and Bill's indiscretions over the years.

Obama has had a mildly successful presidency and believe that he'll be well-regarded by future generations. His importance to how black people see ourselves both at home and abroad will ring for centuries. Looking at the facts on the ground his record is mixed: lower unemployment coming out of an economic catastrophe but subpar wages; healthcare reform that pays HMOs rather than creating a universal payer system. Contrary to popular opinion a president can only do so much about wages, but he has (repeatedly) asked for a boost in the minimum wage.

Iraq is not his fault but managing the fuckery of it is his responsibility until he leaves office. We still have an intransigent Congress with Republicans who refuse to bring a spirit of cooperation to the bargaining table. And a lot of Americans feel like they're losing ground with no end in sight.

Ideally the first female president would be someone like Warren but she may lean too far left to carry certain battleground states like Ohio and Florida. I'd certainly like to see her run.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

well stated....history will trash the GOP.

6. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

It's for Hilary to lose :cool:

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

While Americans clamor around for fantasy candidates like Warren or Sanders, the African dude gets it right

8. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Well the African dude has lived in America at various stages in his life and thanks to technology is very abreast with world politics in general :cool:

9. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

BA HAD POSTED HIS HALF NAKED HOT AND HARD SELF IN THE UNDIES THREAD!!!!!!! LADIES, GET IN THERE AND DROOL :smt118

10. Athena

Athena New Member

Thank for this. Seriously, thank you.

11. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

AND HE DIDN'T DELETE IT 30 SECONDS LATER!!!!

12. kayslay29

kayslay29 Member

I don't understand women. It pisses me off that I don't. Then I get mad at myself for giving a fuck that I don't understand which makes me wonder wtf is wrong with me sometimes.

/rant

13. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. satyr

satyr New Member

A good adage: Women are not important.

Say that to yourself, repeatedly.

15. wtarshi

Neither did I, if that's what you're trying to insinuate

16. wtarshi

It's the least I can do

17. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I'm trying to insinuate you with some babies yo...

18. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

I'm so bored with wm I'm going postal

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Then date bm duhhh.
    Any of you fellas willing to accommodate this poor woman lol

20. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

If she comes to San Diego.