Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

There's also wtarshi, Tamstrong, FFG, Bliss, Amazonka, Restless Rita, BYT86, Gemini74...I'm probably drawing a blank on some others. It only seems like a sausage fest sometimes lol.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Be real of the people u mentioned, who regularly posts

FFG?

Amazonka?

Pass that kool aid, Jim jones

Lol

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah....i hope we get into more positive convos...

4. satyr

satyr New Member

There is no alternative to the Saty of a few years ago. Sounds arrogant and it is but also very true.

Assholes will always be the majority on a poorly moderated web forum, but the right personalities (and faces) can make all the difference in the world.

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yep

6. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

7. Athena

Athena New Member

I wish that were the case, but it isn't. So I try to avoid hot button items on this forum except for one recently, and of course I'm sure I've offend 90% of the posters. So I just try to keep it light, stay away from the sensitive topics that get folks riled up. Because it's just not worth my time.

8. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Same here...

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

The problem is no one participate in the "fun" threads or positive relationship threads and last the men allow the mitches insult the women to no end

10. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Life is already full of arguments and disagreements. I've tried to tone down my argumentative side as much as possible over the past few months. I'm not perfect but I would rather crack jokes than debate, but that may just be me.

11. Athena

Athena New Member

Me too Since, especially since I'm in a new location with all new coworkers and a local culture that is not really jiving with my upbringing and belief systems. I do enjoy intelligent and deep conversations but am very selective with whom I have those.

GL: the fun threads are fun, it's good to see them here.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No the problem is we have people that come on the internet to primarily argue with & insult others, especially anyone with views & opinions that don't line up with their own.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah....ill make more...lol

I also like making those "how to make your relationship better" or "better your life" type threads.

Wait a minute...? Im turning this shit into an IR cosmopolitian mag or something.
    Lol

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

And read what they want to read.
    I said this a million times....when people read ...sometimes they miss stuff such as words and miss tone and intent.

If you were face to face or you would see sarcassim via the body language .

Or if u are on the phone you will here the tone of sarcassim and other types of commo

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Personally I think people who miss read posts & do it on an ongoing regular basis do it on purpose in order to instigate drama. Because how come the majority of other people can usually understand and get where other people are coming from in posts, but the same people keep missing or misreading posts in thread after thread?

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...shit...you can look at different political talk shows. You can have a conservative and a liberal hear the same speech and have different opinions.

You look at polls. One yesterday reported about how whites and blacks view voter id laws.

Look at how people view michael brown differently.

Look at yahoo news comment section...diverse views at whats said.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Instigating? I wouldnt doubt it.

There are some unhappy people in the world

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Hell. Missing shit. ...
    I did that on bliss. She pointed out to me about me missing a statement on the walmart shooting. I thought she was trying to be an ass. I mistook it and had to apologize.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Political talk shows aren't the best example IMO because people are expressly going there to push specific agendas. Politics by nature is about pushing specific agendas and viewpoints. That's why it's so hot button & people get so heated when choosing to engage in political discussions.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

True...
    also piggy backing on what you are saying but movibg it to other discussion....people come to the table with different life journeys