Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's only racism if ur white

:p

Blacks can dissect, analyze and criticize any community, race or culture they want without anyone batting an eye here

Let a white person try that about blacks......

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You know there are major societal differences you can't dismiss solely based on skin color. For one we are forced to live in their world which gives us a unique perspective they don't have to have unless they force themselves. Just dating a black man lends very little to understanding our world because as soon as they stop dating us it becomes abstract. Our images our culture our very way of life is not constantly being pushed on them so when we speak about race it is different. People like Lippy or even Bliss get called out not simply because they're white talking about black community issues but its often felt like they lack empathy or any contextual knowledge ie me mentioning a flawed system equals blaming "whitey"
    The truth is most white people barring have interracial children can't really understand because they have the option to ignore it like something on TV that upsets them, the literally don't have to live with it. Truthfully until people have to live with something most of us ignore it. The greatest example of this is homosexuals in mainstream America. Since more people have come out and more people are forced to deal with family members who are gay suddenly any negativity towards gay is greatly frowned upon. Why? Because anyone can be gay and you suddenly have to deal with it. The same isn't true for race especially if you're white. Problems in Ferguson? Maybe "they" should act right and maybe the cops won't shoot them. Racism? Its all in their heads we are living in post racial America. We are in a unique position because we have been oppressed the longest and most severely in this country and have had a close up look at our oppressors. Every facet of our lives forces us to, white people aren't generally forced to deal with us

3. satyr

satyr New Member

All good points but there is no need to prosecute anyone for not toeing an ironclad line on matters of race. None of us are a perfect ideal of what anyone would like us to be. Ask your parents. I think the women are usually fair and perceptive on matters of race and racism.

That said, I really don't care if anyone decides to stay or leave or the reason why. My theory about having someone handsome and available to talk to overrides all this bullshit about feeling alienated.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  4. satyr

satyr New Member

Interesting word choice as it assumes the rule of law in one of the most anarchic systems ever devised, the Internet.

It works in some respect as there are rules for discourse on this forum, but the better word would be persecute.

5. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

I agree with everything you say. But I didn't post the question "where's all the ww?". What good is speaking the truth when there's no one there to listen? Or do you want to direct all your time/voices/anger at the three 'racist' girls in the world who devote their time/voices/nakedness to your choir/forum? If you succeed in learning us -- well, you should get an ACLU award no doubt. Good work.

6. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

If you are dating or are interested in dating someone, you almost have to assume at the very least a certain degree of appreciation to the issues that concern them.

If my wife or girlfriend or mistress or whoever came home and complained about how she is so fed up of unequal pay compared to men at work who perform same or lesser jobs and I responded by twirling my finger in the air and rolling my eyes, what would that tell her?

Also, I'm fairly certain that those who frequently speak out against social injustices are not doing so to 'teach' anything, though there may be a lesson of perspective to be learned in simply listening. We are simply speaking our truths and our realities as I'd hope you'd feel encouraged to do., especially around here.

My personal lament for this forum is how much it furthers the stereotype that bm / ww is simply a physical attraction thing. By now, we must have compiled the entire internet's collection of ab-alicious black males with purple eyes pictures and twerkin ass white women. Sadly, one of the most popular female posters on the forum really contributes nothing to the sites narrative., merely suggestive photos once every few weeks.

This site is chock full of gorgeous, smart, opinionated, successful women and men and a custodian. Yet, our most popular threads (as you've pointed out) are threads with racial implications, and (as I've pointed out) picture threads. I'm going to go and start a bm / ww with a masters degree is so damn sexy thread and watch how fast it sinks.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I agree. I would hope we can have decent convos that would be inviting to all of our sides (eg. intellectual and humorous). Just like you said it will not fly.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yep...lets just say it ....hey bros...just because they have different opinion doesnt mean they ares insensitive.

What kills me some of they guys would say some real greasey shit to women....where the ww at?

9. The Dark King

A lot of times it does

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

True but most of the time you cant get their true tone or intent over the net.

Also if the bm want sensitivity then give it to the ww. Hell they go thru shit too (eg gender discimination and just a tuff day) . We have to remember they catch hell for dating bm so the last thing they need to hear shit from bm. Like i said this is suppose to be a sanctuary. A place to xhill and have fun.

We (like someone said) only happy if they are showing ass.

11. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

No but you can see a lot of someone in the patterns of their posts. Racial insensitivity (at a minimum) isn't that hard to decipher. ;)

And while I think the kumbaya idea of being sensitive towards each and every poster is sweet, people seriously shouldn't be so concerned with the lack of respect shown online. This isn't preschool, why are we so worried about handholding each other? I'm a grown ass woman, people have come at me wrong a thousand times on here...who the fuck cares? WW have the advantage in nearly every way in this world...why should the bm here have to be sensitive to us if some ww here don't show that same kindness/understanding in return? Respect is earned IMO. It certainly shouldn't be handed to me on a silver platter simply because I'm a woman.

12. FRESH

FRESH New Member

He's quoting himself now, he just reached a whole notha level.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...i agree on every point. I think yes ww have advantages compared to bm. However they do have challenges also....such as discrimination (wages and the like) and getting hell for dating bm.

I understand about the point about over politeness but you can be polite and disagree.

I think some times we can be overly sensitive....it gets old with all the ugliness.
    Joking around is cool...like these foul georgia bull dog fans...they have to go.

All done in my skip bayless voice of first take

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

15. RaiderLL

Ooooo since is gonna get uuuuu! Lol :)

I don't think the majority of ww "get hell" for dating bm though. Some areas of the country are worse than others, no doubt, but it's not like it probably was back in your younger years :p

Lol just messing with you GL :freehug:

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Back in the day young lady......lol

17. The Dark King

No you're accurate though, I really don't know of or even hear about any ww catching hell for dating bm. And the wage discrimination thing is always interesting to hear since ww on average earn more than bm hell even bw make more than bm on avarage.
    As a ww help me out, what are some the challenges you face and do you think men on the forum or in general are insensitive to ithem?

18. RaiderLL

I think being white affords me the fewest challenges of probably all women. Personally, I make more than the men I know in my position so I have no experience with wage issues that some women face. I honestly won't even sit here and bs you on "women's challenges" because I think it distracts from my point that the issues bm face in this country far surpass any "injustice" I may experience as a ww.

19. The Dark King

damn wish you I could rep you

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

It doesnt distracts at all...your challenges as a ww is just different from ours .... our journeys are different but its great because it gives a different perspective on issues.