Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Bliss,
    There was no alternative, this very large venomous serpent encroached into my space......I am for the most part like you,..... I do generally love wildlife, but at sometime back in the beginning, the Creator put enmity between man and the snake.....I never even hesitated.......

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

4. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Some cops honestly probably don't understand or know the laws they're supposed to enforce

Others are just bullies and dont give a shit

There's a recent article about a black cop who describes police mentalities and he highlights that last statement

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

That's the thing. They had this same issue with the kats brothers. The aclu sued the city over this same issue and won a settlement. In that settlement, the police department were required to pass out fliers to the police informing of this same issue of identifying yourself.
    same city, same police department, same crime.... They didn't learn.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I don't envy cops at all. Police departments chuck applicants who are 'too smart,' for fear that police work might cause them to quit (because smart people with options don't stay on shit jobs)

So now ur stuck with guys that have trouble memorizing and recalling basic shit they should know

That's only some of them tho....like I wrote before..some cops don't care and some really don't like black people, period

Fuckin twats

8. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I am not on the side of the police but the side of the law... people need to know how to talk to police and know their rights. A lot of issues we have seen over the last few months could've been avoided if the victims handled the situation differently.

It is true they are bullies and don't give a shit while abusing their power but, we as people know how they are, therefore common sense should be used when interacting with them.

This video though...
    [YOUTUBE]OYkl8CRmgGI[/YOUTUBE]

9. K

K Well-Known Member

People are just messed up.

I'm watching the local news.

In a very nice area, there was a Jr. High promotion ceremony into High School today. Two idiot (parents?) broke out in a fight over taking pictures. One is in the hospital now.

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

11. samson1701

Okay. Here you go. I got bored with R&B songs a few years ago and stopped making them. All I've been doing lately is Pop. So, this is some of the R&B kind of material I was doing back then. All of this stuff is old as hell. And, the mixes are awful. They're just demo mixes. And, no, it's not me singing on the first 2 songs. But, it is me, in all of my Autotuned glory on the last track. But, I did write and produce all of them.

This is one I was commissioned to write for a biotech firm out of Boston. It's Adult Contemporary.
    https://soundcloud.com/user326788860/find-a-way-no-id-mix/s-AFCtE

This one I wrote for a Magician's Show. He is a brother and blended R&B into the narration of his act. It ended up being pretty sweet how he did it. I was proud to have been part of it.
    https://soundcloud.com/user326788860/see-u-when-i-want-2-og-mix/s-9O6X6

Finally, this is me just being stupid. I felt like doing some ignorant southern hood type of song just to see what I'd come up with. Put my own spin on the Dirty South records at that time. And, yeah, it's pretty
    damn ignorant.
    https://soundcloud.com/user326788860/legs-in-the-air-no-id/s-DYoOC

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Great job fam. I can here the Babyface PM Dawn influence in the first two tracks. What did you use for your production?
    Set up a cryptocurrency wallet of your choice and I'll send you a treat.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You made some really nice tunes there.. Even your song wasn't bad like you alluded ....hey, who didn't get down to 69 by Father MC..

You should re-post your links (post too) in the music thread for forum posterity.

The Official "Post Your Music" Thread

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I understand now. Poor fella...just getting shelter..oh well, RIP..Hey, glad you were not bitten.
    Where I'm moving to in Florida, l'm told there are Racer snakes(?) all in our garden? Yikes. But they run when they see you?...FL has me creeped a bit now at the alien critters.

15. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

16. K

K Well-Known Member

lol!

17. samson1701

Thanks, Fam. I appreciate it. Of all the comparisons I've heard, no ones ever said Baby Face before. As I stated, that stuff I posted is old. My recent stuff is a lot more Poppy. Like Lady Gaga, Jessie J. kind of Pop. But, I'm starting to feel funky again so an R&B song may emerge sooner or later.

I run Cakewalk's Sonar for my personal use. I like it better. It will do everything Pro Tools does and more for a much better price. Right out of the box you have enough to start making professional sounding music on your PC. Instruments, effects, everything is all included. Plus, you have unlimited tracks. To have all that in Pro Tools can run into the thousands.

But, when I had a studio, that was open to the public, I ran Pro Tools for my clients. You know how we do. Because - insert current top ten artist's name here - uses Pro Tools, they had to use it to. Quality of the actual song, vocal or beat be damned. ...lol

I forgot about the digi wallet tip from before. ...lol I'm going to go ahead and set it up.
    Thank you very much, Bliss. I apreciate the compliment. Hopefully, that didn't hurt too bad. ...lol All jokes aside, anytime someone responds positively to something I've created, I am grateful. You are very kind.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  18. The Dark King

I said fuck everyone else and stuck with Logic Pro.
    So did you use all midi type instruments or did actually splurge and get full instruments too

19. samson1701

Logic Pro is the shit. If I had a Mac, that's what I'd be running. One of my mentors ruses Logic quite a bit. And he's engineered for some really big names. He loves it.

I use all VST's (midi) instruments. I don't have much room or cash for all that other equipment. Plus, you are getting the same quality sounds most of the time. Although, some of those classic synths do have a sound all there own. But, even in those cases, you can get so close that most people can't tell. But, if I'm using guitar sounds, I would rather create the parts myself, then bring a real guitar player to do it up right. Nothing like a real guitar player. I have some guitar synths that really sound like the real thing. However, I know the difference and I like the "feel" a good guitarist brings to a song much better.

What were you using for drums, MPC? I used a program called GURU on those three songs. I upgraded to Native Instruments' Maschine a couple of years back.

20. The Dark King

I was using MPC for awhile but believe it or not I got some quality sound out of an old Kurzweil. I know keys don't usually give the same feel but for my simplistic shit it worked well. You should keep doing it even if its just for fun