Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

You know what? I wouldn't care if planned parent were giving out $100 Amazon gift cards to women seeking abortions. It's their bodies. Not mine. I, nor any other person (especially a man) should never, ever have the right to dictate what a woman does to something growing inside her body. It's none of my damn business.

You want to really reduce abortions? Mandatory comprehensive sex education. Guaranteed access to a college education or job training. These are things that actually work.

I'll start taking right to life conservatives seriously when they start actively lobbying to do something constructive to help the lives that are already here. You know, like how Jesus instructed us to do.

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Wilfully ignoring facts doesn't make this story true

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Exactly! Trying to educate these conservative religious folk is damn near impossible. They have ZERO interest in facts. Instead, they willingly cling to the ignorant and fact-lacking lies they're fed. Womens health facilities are an amazing resource for women of all walks of life. I could speak until I'm blue in the face about everything we do to positively impact women's lives, but all the conservatives hear is "abortion". It's pathetic. I stand with PP and every other facility like it.

4. FG

FG Well-Known Member

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/07/30/1407166/-Catholic-Nun-Explains-Pro-Life-In-A-Way-That-May-Stun-The-Masses

Spot on !!! Something the majority of the conservative right who want to stop abortions altogether wilfully ignore. That and the fact that in the areeas already closing down abortion clinics will further impede and strike poor people. People with money can afford to take a train, plane etc to reach an clinic elsewhere, but poor people can not, so now so they get impacted further
    Also, banning abortions won't stop illegal abortions and we go back to a time where women died of such illegal, or "home made" abortion attempts.
    It infuriates me that some ofnthenpro-life movement either completely ignore, or cantncare about at all, they just want to inflict their pompous, self-righteous assholery on others, they deem beneath them.

OK, rant off.

5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Damn. I really need to be around here more. Just can't seem to stay away.

6. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Exactly! The fact that PP spend a minority of their time and effort on abortion share completely lost on these types of people, they don't want to hear that.

7. z

z Well-Known Member

Grown ass ppl get murdered daily in broad day light in every major American city, thousand of families get wiped out weekly in Middle East and Africa, our service men get decapitated by barbarians, families lose their loved ones to trauma and accidents .......and you hard core pro lifers Sarah Palin lovers are worried about some gottdamn fetus, give me a break......He has life when he/she is able to survive outside the womb on its own.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Life begins when the blood cells unite then it starts depend on the host (the mother).

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

If they want say a woman can't have an abortion, then they should have to be willing to provide a good loving, stable environment for the kid and foot the bill straight through that child's college education. And it should be no less than what the average middle class houseold would provide for it's child. None of that cheap welfare crap, either.

10. FG

FG Well-Known Member

What?

11. z

z Well-Known Member

Lol, spare me from your Molecular cell course professor goodlove, I think I am functioning fine and dandy just with Junior High Biology class

12. RaiderLL

Absolutely right.

Exactly. Can't get that through to people who refuse facts though .

[​IMG]

Too many pro lifers are simply anti-choice and pro-birth. Not truly pro life.

[​IMG]

13. z

z Well-Known Member

Would someone please give a major Applause to this California boy, he gets it

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Is that the definition of life now?
    And like I always say interesting how obsessed certain people are about the life of the fetus in the womb but some how want it to disappear once it needs housing food and an education. Fucking free loader

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Of that 104000 most are the wrong color and gender.
    People tend to want girls when they adopt, I guess they assume less aggressive and easier to raise. They usually want white babies. So the hierarchy goes white girl white boy Asian girl Asian boy latin girl latin boy black girl black boy (assume colorism as well)

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

When the sperm unites with the egg the cells are uniting ....correct?

17. RaiderLL

Absolutely true. My point was simply that if these self proclaimed pro-lifers were truly pro-life, none of those babies would be waiting for homes.

That's not when life starts. Those are merely cells. The never-ending debate.

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Use science only when its too your advantage?
    New definition? Hhmmm . Really ?

I guess it depends on the motive/agenda

People have been asking about when life begin since day one..

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

So says you.

As you say its a debate...even among scientists.

You are a blob of cells.

20. RaiderLL

Lol it's really not a debate. More like a never ending argument. Facts are facts GL. Those cells are incapable of survival outside the host. Life begins, minimally, when the fetus is capable of survival on its own. I'm sorry to break that news to ya, but merging cells are most certainly not a "life". You disagree based on your religious belief, not fact.