Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

False equilavent

2. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

how so?

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Comparing size 7 versus a criminal record....way off

4. buglerroller

same thing, they are personal preferences...

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

One is personal preference, the other is personal safety.

Anyway in this case, he was jailed for attempted murder, he had beaten a man almost to death.

6. buglerroller

To each their own...

All I am saying is, to not date someone because they were arrested or jailed is ludicrous IMHO.

There are people who have been jailed/arrested for unpaid parking tickets, its not right to lump those types of people in with those who were jailed for attempted murder or other heinous crimes.

7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

They are both correct. And I didn't realize he was jailed for attempted murder. I just scanned the article and saw that he had run-ins with the law (and in and out of jail) for assault dating back to 1988. I didn't look any further.

As with any rule, there are exceptions.

If a man my age got a DUI within the last 10-15 years, then no I would not date him.

DUIs aren't always just "mistakes". They speak to a deeper level - on the low end of the level, it speaks to a person's maturity, on the high end of the level, it speaks to a possible addiction.

Neither of those, nor anything in between, are anything I'm interested in bringing into my life.

But, if a man has been arrested/charged/jailed for something more serious like assault, etc, then no, I don't care if he claims he's been rehabilitated, that's something I would not want to take a chance on.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you and have dated a non-violent felon who was an absolute sweetheart.

I think the gravity of the record is probably the issue here.

9. Bookworm616

For the most part, yes.

But even like drug possession arrests, I would more than likely steer clear of men who have those, too. Again, distant past arrests wouldn't be as bad.

I grew up with a brother who caused my family so much stress and grief with his drug addiction and subsequent multiple arrests and jail time that I have zero desire to EVER revisit that kind of drama in my life.

10. buglerroller

Got it! I hope you don't think I was bashing you or your beliefs.

I just wanted to share that not all ex-cons are a like.

I agree with you on this.

With that said, people should be open to entertaining a healthy relationship with anyone, no matter the body size or record. People are people, people make mistakes, no one is perfect.

I have this thing about women with small feet in high heels, I used to say I'd never date a woman who didn't wear heels. I also used to say I wouldn't date a woman with a child. My wife doesn't like heels, she will wear the shit out of some wedges and I have a step daughter I love just as much as my own daughters. I know heels and a child dont compare to dating someone with a violent past... IMHO, if people stopped putting up the walls about who they wont date, they might actually not be single.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I completely understand your apprehension, Bookie. You're entitled to set any boundaries you feel are required to make for a harmonious relationship.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No offense, but your comparison analogy (heels vs a record) are worlds apart. Perhaps beause you're a big guy and feel less threatened by people ...might be factoring in as to why you're less able to identify with a single mother for example, who must vett any new man in her life.

13. buglerroller

Never thought of it that way... men are from mars and women are from venus right?

14. Bookworm616

:freehug:

15. buglerroller

:smt060:smt060

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol.

I know what u are saying though. so i dont disagree with totally

17. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

18. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Sunk in 1940, by the US navy, off the coast of Aruba was the World War 2 German war ship "The Antillia"
    [​IMG]

.......Well on my vacation cruise stop last week in Aruba at the star spot on the map
    [​IMG]

......I decided to swim down 30 feet and make contact with the sunken Antillia..
    [​IMG]
    ......It was thrilling but EERRRIEEEE......

19. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

So awesome, Arch! I would totally love to do something so cool but I can imagine how it could be creepy. Great story and cool photo!

20. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Nice!