Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

ha :mrgreen:

Don't you think they would have thought of that. She doesn't want to or it is against their freedom of religion. She wasn't the only one to have issues.

I like to say follow the money because money is god in the USA. I am waiting for the lawsuit from her to the federal government. I'd do the same crap if I knew I could win. I'd be sipping on coco rico in my mansion right about now.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Federal law overules state law, yeah. So it's illegal in Colorado, and everywhere.
    Same sex marriage is/was illegal in KY...Again Federal Law overrode that.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

North Carolina

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well considering that they issued licences today without her, then no.

I was actually going to start this topic - if she deserves to be jailed, yes or no - in the news section, but you posted it here. It is all in the news right now...Anyhoo. Heatwave is breaking...yay.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Really? How about in winter? (fingers crossed)

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

True....

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

A perfect distribution of all 4 seasons. Its as good as it gets as far as that goes.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Seriously, huge THANK YOU for this info Beasty.
    Port Charlotte is still on the horizon, but l just.can't.function.in.humidity. How do people do it??

9. archangel

I assumed that they would have thought of it like in a couple of seconds to avoid a lawsuit. Funny how all of a sudden they think of it after someone is put in jail:p :mrgreen: even though it took you what seconds to minutes and them a couple of days. pretty interesting is all I am saying.

I guess putting people in jail makes others think harder almost as if it was neccassary to do..

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

As long as you don't move to the mountains you will be delighted.

On the flip side I'm driving thru Orlando to Tampa and it feels good rt now after the rain and a shower but it was hot as hell walking around campus earlier today.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Or it's all by design. Someone's pushing an agenda here..not sure which side is though, yet, lol. (maybe both).

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Loving the tips.
    Campus? Wot are you studying?

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

More book deals on the way

14. archangel

We will see. It is too messed up to be by design. Some crap you can't write up yourself.

I thought she was going to go back to work after the jail turns out she is staying longer because she would interfere with distributing licenses that's why they never gave them out while she wasn't in jail and they did when she was in jail.

This brings me back to the question of what would you do.

I see a middle ground but it really is dangerous. She said just keep her name off of it. That seems to be a middle ground but will she not interfere if released.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Don't get that impression..
    Are you asking me personally? Or if l felt as she did, what would l do.
    Personally, l would issue them, absolutely... if l was her based on her feelings, idk, l can only suggest, because she took the position when licences were for hereterosexual/traditional marriage, l think she should agree to defer the signings. Though I really don't know. She seems prepared to buckle down.
    I think l heard a news blurb too that the licences issued are not valid? It's a mess.

16. archangel

oh crapppp

I was asking what would you do if you were the judge in this situation but I don't think anyone really has a good solution without getting into this fight.. I like to have a middle ground and make everyone happy but someone is going to lose.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I like middle ground too. But no jail. Ridiculous. Don't make martyrs and don't take this woman's liberty over other less drastic solutions. Whole thing is heading in wrong direction.

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

That's where we are planning to move, eventually.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm ready! [​IMG]

20. archangel

but if they hadn't done we would be at a stale mate.