Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Anyone that is in contempt of the court risk landning i jail for a för nights. Why would she be treated differently? The reason she is in contempt, is irrelevant, its only the fact that she is in contempt that is landning her in jail

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Agreed X 2. :smt023

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

She and politicians like huckabee will write a book about it (or dedicate a chapter to it).
    She will write a book about her "faith" and the whole incident. One blurb will be in the book saying" we are losing our religous freedom and we need to take our country back"

4. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I'm actually surprised that there isn't a GoFundMe account for her legal fees right now. Usually all the candidates for the Oppression Olympics are all over that sort of thing.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Electrical Engineering

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Go fund me will not allow it. I saw an article about it. It has to do with law breaking yada yada

7. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Hint:
    Make sure you have a thorough understanding of differential equations before you take either circuits or network analysis.....I didnt and I had a long semester . . ..

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I hope you are aware of the job market with that major in Florida.
    I mean FPL is probably the biggest employer of electrical engineers and the competition is harsh. Maybe moving towards electronics or something else... not telling you what to do but just saying I've been there and have a cousin that has the degree. I left that major because I saw better opportunities in other majors. My cousin had a hard time getting a job and at one point had to come back to me to help him learn programming to get a programming job since I kind of did his homework. He got A's in the class but it came back to bite him in the butt on the job issue.

also, make sure you know how to program to fall back in the computer engineering area.... You might need it if you can't get a job in that field.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Point taken.
    The electrical engineering degree should help with the electronics field. Industrial electronics/electrical systems, robotics, computers, avionics or something to that affect. I don't want to do power distribution but wouldn't rule it out.
    Point taken. This is what I was thinking. I'm doing the engineering degree to get the license, but I plan on learning programming too.

I'm ultimately here for a bigger picture than all of it really. Engineering is the degree I'm working on but I'm also here to broaden my education as a goal in itself.

10. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Ah, gotcha. I'm actually surprised that they have that kind of policy in place.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

It came after a situation where some puzza joint discriminated against a gay couple

12. Archman

I have to support Archangel's suggestion.....Although the education that goes into aquiring an electrical engineer degree is second to none, assurance of precuring a position in the field has now become dicey.....Just as recently as 15 years ago a black EE graduate could command a handsome salary with a signing bonus , but times have changed. ... In our country, there is now a tremendous glut of Indian and middle eastern engineers who have driven down the pay grades by accepting much less to just get in the door of an American company........Electrical Engineering has two big disciplines: Power generation and Circuit Design ..... if you become good at either one, a company will pay you what ever it takes to keep you........they will also entice and steal you away from another company.....Your value and security both come from how good you become the field......

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  13. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I have noticed this.

And they always seem to hang out in large groups.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

The reason is cause we fihht every
    thing education. Lets be honest...america gates education. Our priorities are hacked up.

U get what u put in.

15. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Circuit design definitely holds more interest for me than power generation. I can design some circuits now especially the digital logic ones but overall I need more study in the subject.

I can troubleshoot any circuit, but I'm limited in the design area until I put more into it.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Love seeing black men support each other. Carry on fellas you're all an inspiration.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How are you doing with C+ and java?

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Pretty much took a back seat been so focused on work and the ironic thing is if I had more time I could make more. A shit ton of the companies we're working with are looking for front end developers and paying top dollar. My base would almost double butthe bonuses aren't as high.
    So you could easily make 160k with maybe depending a 10 percent bonus annual bonus. Dudes in my arena can do about 70 maybe 80 but depending on performance get 10 to 15 quarterly and that's not counting your commission. So the Java and C++ just means more sure money less stress. Where I'm at now a dude could be a legit millionaire inside 3 to 5 years

20. Archman

Wow How times have changed. ....they made me master programming Fortran and DOS before they gave me my degree. ....Now it is C++ and Java. ...my partners in programming tell me if you are good at either one of these, it spells money and security.
    ....As it turns out, my best investment has been my many years designing with Autocad and Civil 3d