Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]EUUjhFuxR2g[/YOUTUBE]

:smt011
    the more things change the more things stay the same.

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]qKqtEupAnWg[/YOUTUBE]

Graduation rate record high

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Qy3H4mKvZsg[/YOUTUBE]

My beloved Cubbies are in the WORLD SERIES for the first time in my lifetime!!

Nothing else matters at the moment.

Get used to hearing this song. LOL.

What an amazing day!!

FLY THE W!!!

[​IMG]

:partyman: :partyman:

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

First Cleveland now Chicago. Interesting year

5. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

If only Bob Uecker could call the games. LOL.

6. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yup, and with the sizable bottle of Jack Daniels:).

7. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

www.today.com/style/wen-chaz-dean-sued-hair-loss-adverse-effects-t61856

Women need to run from wen hair products......
    FDA launches WEN by Chaz Dean hair loss investigation
    Update: The FDA is investigating 127 reports from customers who complained of "adverse" effects from using WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner products. That's the largest number of reports ever associated with a hair-cleansing product, according to the statement.

8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I've tried using wen many times but never liked it. It's a cleansing conditioner vs the normal shampoo/conditioner regime. I have friends that swear by it but it's always left my hair greasy feeling, weighed down, and it always seemed a lot of strands of hair were left in my shower after I rinsed the conditioner out lol!

I use Ovation shampoo, conditioner and treatment serum now. It's incredible, makes my hair thicker stronger longer and smells like heaven lol.

Probably more than you ever wanted to know about my shampoos huh GL?!

9. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Lol

Naw you good. It's amazing that this guy was charging that much for his stuff and it wasn't about jack.

Oh I use soap and water. Lol. I have a bald head

10. RaiderLL

Wen is expensive but lasts forever because you can get it in the gallon jug. Maybe like $120 but I think it'll last like 4-6 months. I pay about $85/mo for mine but mine works lol

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

My girl use to swear by WEN, slso. But, it was just too expensive. She tried the Curly Girl line of products for a while till she cut off her hair :smt092. She never had any problems with WEN to my knowledge.

12. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I purchased and used wen appx 5 yrs ago and I wasn't overly impressed. Like you, I felt like my hair was weighed down and greasy if I didn't use the perfect amount (I had to use much less) so I never purchased again.

I switch up my hair care products (shampoo and conditioner) often, as they say you should. Who is they? lol I assume hair stylists...

Anyway...

I recently purchased Paul Mitchell Tea Tree S&C and my hair started falling out at a much more noticeable and alarming rate... I stopped using and then read online about others who, like me had a similar experience.

I'm interested in this Ovation you are using, Raider. Please share where you purchased and how much. I need stronger locks and something that will make my hair fuller and less damaged!

I am interested

13. RaiderLL

I couldn't get the right amount down, as to how much to use. They say if you don't like it, it's because you're using too much or too little but it never seemed right for my hair lol. I have friends that love it like your gf though!

Currently I buy it online with qvc! Cheapest I've found. $30 for the shampoo, $30 for the conditioner and like $40 for the treatment but that's not used every day so it lasts a while longer. I blow dry and straighten my hair daily which is killing it lol and this actually gives me thicker hair and it's grown so much since starting it!

14. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Wow so you are a lot like me because I blow dry and straighten my hair or sometime early almost daily I think trying not to blow dry it to keep it from getting damaged but have decided that I just like my hair to be more polished.

I will check it out and let you know what I think if I do but I will probably buy all products so I can really get the full effect

15. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Eight years of progress and progressive causes going down the drain.
    Oh, America.

How we knew ye?

To think that apathy would be dead this year would be an understatement. This is a travesty. This, let alone a very important part of Voting Rights Act being gutted, which made it harder for people to reach the polls, only further demonstrates that a country still resign to fear and a false sense of hope.

Now, the likelihood of my friends seeing their civil liberties being trampled on and nullified by potential judges, be it women, minorities, and LGBT, is very much likely. And it burns me to no end, seeing this event take shape. Regardless, we should live through these next four years and be more embolden to push ourselves and our voices to the forefront.

Perverted patriotism won out this day. But the future, while bleak at the moment, may soon see something all the more better, but it will take a voice to bring that out.

16. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

I feel your pain :(

17. K

K Well-Known Member

Pray

18. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

The Trump and politics thread are spiraling downward. One of the main reasons I don't debate politics or religion. People take it wayyyyy too personal.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So what should you take personally if not the way your country is governed.

20. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Same here. I let myself get sucked back into this election cycle and it didn't do anything for me. Next time, I'm just going to see myself out.