random health talk

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by goodlove, Apr 19, 2015.

1. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

He really enjoyed it until he recently broke his thumb (not boxing induced) and had to have two surgeries on it :( of course his dominant hand too.

That sounds cool you should totally go for it, I think that’d be a great starting point, swimming is so good for your whole body too.

How come you think you’d be seen as a problem :(

My mate is trying to get me to join her soccer team lol I used to be so athletic! I feel like a big blob of jelly these days!

2. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

I’m viewed as a potential liability, I could get hurt/sue. This is the USA we’re we use the court system like playing the lottery. Sue till you hit the jackpot.

‘sorry for your son. Hope he is not a gamer.

3. beccaomecca

Oh right! Lol!! I’ve heard some stories lol I have one American friend over here all he does is sue now I understand where he got the suing nature from lol. He did pretty well ended up with half a mill for his last case lol never has to work again.

Thank you xx he is, but he’s on the mend, sadly can’t play basketball for 12 weeks.

4. fly girl

Saw this on Instagram. He is 2 years post stroke. Prayers going up for sinbad and his family …
    50AB7CC1-1F0D-4F5F-BBC9-C840518C177D.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. CAkicker

[​IMG]

7. fly girl

8. CAkicker

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. fly girl

Had a appt with my primary care doc today. Doc: how’s the Peleton going? Me: Good I can do 90 minutes now. Doc: I saw that. (Yikes)

10. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I've been pretty bad about my diabetes. I've had a bit of a setback. I need to get back on track. I don't want it to get worse. I was hoping to get off of the meds and just control it with diet and exercise, but I've been hitting the fast good WAY too much. ARGH.

Why did I allow this to happen? I will be better in 2023. Actually starting today.

11. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, hope you can, your health is first and a good goal to set for the new year.
    What's your preferred exercise routine?

12. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

When the weather is nice (which will be about March in Chicago), I like to walk my dog. In the meantime, I will do the treadmill. And I also have a goal to do the splits again by my birthday (in June), so I'll also be stretching and doing push-ups and sit-ups. I may also look into yoga.

A friend turned me onto virtual 5K races, so I'm also going to do that, too.

13. beccaomecca

Was all geared up for new beginnings - new gym membership, but ended up in hospital with appendicitis the day before Christmas Eve, got the appendix removed and was outta hospital Christmas Eve. Wasn’t the Christmas I prepared for and was never prepared for three stomach scars :’-( it’s a minor set back but I still intend on securing abs next year.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. CAkicker

Hope you get well soon

15. beccaomecca

Thank you! I’m back in business already :), managed to mow the lawn and clip the grass along my neighbours fence line this morning before she buried me in my backyard lol just need to mulch but that’s a next month job lol can’t lift over 5kgs lol sad times!

16. CAkicker

[​IMG]

17. fly girl

Apologies if this is of no interest to others, but someone may benefit someday.

My obstacle in exercise is not fatigue but muscle tone. When riding my peloton my left thigh gets so tight I am unable to pedal. Just read this article about BDNF production (it is what heals the brain) which states high intensity short duration exercise is better than long duration exercise. Which is good. I think I can do short burst better than long periods.

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP283582

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. CAkicker

Break out the jump rope

19. fly girl

I like the jump rope, haven’t thought about that. Off to get a rope.

20. CAkicker

@fly girl

Here's something to get you started if you haven't already done it before.