Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well I disagree with the KEN part. Doug in King of Queens, and Jim Belushi in According to Jim were all average American men with hot wives. There was also another short-lived show on CBS that had a larger hubby and slim petite wife, cant remember the name. (I do get your overall point though and agree there)

But the stinking rich Chuck Lore, yeah.. him and Shonda Rhimes run Hollywood evening TV.
    Huge power flowing through their hands.

Hmm, exactly how old are you again? *side-eye*

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Unless they're gay I could see Chuck and Shinya coming together and running tv. He has the sitcoms she has the drama and maybe she could help that dude put some interesting people of color in his shows. I'm so tired of watching Raj on BBT get absolutely no love after 8 seasons. Creepy pervert Howard gets a cute wife and even asexual Sheldon has a girl but the rich physicist can't find a woman in all of California? Sad. And she could do with some better comedy too.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

True

Even if they're white or asian, they're still swinging cocks and behaving like men so I have an easier time relating, than say...a woman

Unless of course, she's totally 'white power' and identifies more with race than gender

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Old enough to remember Archie bunker and his disdain for the polish

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]hSL2Y9UpEOM[/YOUTUBE]

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember someone recorded a song dedicated to Kelly Bundy. It pissed off a lot of women's groups. Christina Applegate did more than look sexy on that show. She aslo danced(Applegate is a performance artist when not acting). But this was before her double mastectomy. I'm glad she is still working.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Jim Belushi and Kevin James were sort of modelled after Jackie Gleason's Ralph Cramden. John Goodman and Roseanne were as real as they could be on tv. Paul Reiser was an average Joe on Mad About You, but he got outclassed by Helen Hunt.

8. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

King of queens is my show!!! Doug and Carrie and their relationship, reminds me of my own relationship with my guy :)

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

First take is too damn long of a show. Stephen a. Smith can go over the top at times.

Sports nation, his and hers (formerly numbers never lie) and others are cool.

10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Not quite the first time to be honest. Lionhead Studios, who developed the Fable series during the first Xbox, you actually were allowed to marry a male or female companion and engage in sexual pleasures. And prior to that, in the 16-bit era, a lot of JRPGs explored sexuality, albeit in their own brand of thinking, though, with some localization, it was censored.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

In Alabama of all places.......

But yeah imagine that

Instead of attacking the poor (as if their lives don't already suck enough) with fines and jail time, a group decides to give them enough to live on for a minute, while encouraging them to refrain from theft (ie try to seek out help)

On another note, I finally got around to watching my Divergent bluray that's been sitting on my dresser for months

Another one of those social films that makes you wonder

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]f8raBak_VSU[/YOUTUBE]

Nelly dissing mayweather

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Boy when I played football, 'tip drill' had an entirely different meaning

Must hip hop ruin everything :p

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol.....

17. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Bliss is hilarious

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Seriously tho I respect mayweather's fight game but he's not exactly someone to look up to

Class goes right out the window with that one

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]vbj4vJPNGdc[/YOUTUBE]

50 cent getting in floyds ass

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well I didn't consider Raj in that light until you brought it up a long time ago, and I tend to agree with you here.

The thing is, why not introduce a new Black character. There are many BM nerds. engineers, etc that could find a place on the show. IT'D BE NICE IF HE HAD A WHITE GIRLFRIEND, too.

And where are the Asians? Time to update the show.