Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Grab him an Emmy while you're at it too. There is one in my bathroom.

[​IMG]

2. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

Fuck Nat Turner they need to do a movie about Toussaint Louverture and the Haiitan revolution.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Said no black guy ever

4. MixedCalifornian

MixedCalifornian Active Member

In comparison to a dude who got a bunch of former slaves to whoop the ass of all the major European super powers of that time period makes Nat Turner's failed rebellion rather minuscule. Also it would be better to see a movie where the slave rebellion actually wins in the end. Just saying from a story line and movie perspective the Haitian revolution would be way better.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm just trolling u

The Haitian revolution gets no love at all

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If Hollywood isn't bothering to try to attempt a film about Nat Turner and his failed rebellion, what makes you think they would be interested in making one about a successful slave rebellion?

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You can't condition inferiority by publishing superiority

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Repeat that again please. Some folks forget they live in the Divided States of Amerikkka.....

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

One things for sure.....TDK hasn't

(Yeah I see u lurking Flatbush)

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

to think that a wm dominated industry u think bp and women gonna get a shake....especially blacks then u are a str8 fool.

and mofo wonder why bet is around

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Eyes on the truth young homie

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Like the song goes; "There's no business like show business. It's like no business I know."

That business is about money and the best ways to make it. And if it suffers from a lack of diversity, they keep on trucking because the show must go on. This business dictates that the rule is to tell a story and make a profit. So, diversity takes a back set. And that is okay as long as the larger audience gets what they want.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah I think that's a stretch too

This country has so many racial wounds tho...can't blame people for trying to confront racism, mockery and bigotry when they think they see it

If they knew the history behind it (like you said it was his favorite meal) they probably wouldn't have made such claims in this case tho...I'm actually delighted that they would know that and bring people closer to dr king through food

And yes..I would have ordered it because I love down home cookin

P.s. - turkey on thanksgiving and fried chicken on mlk...I see a new tradition

P.s.s. - now if they added watermelon to the menu.......

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Great post!
    Would have ordered it too. It would be a nice tradition, right?
    Totally agree with your last line. That changes everything.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's crazy

We have traditional dinners on every other holiday.....why not have one for mlk, especially if you know what his favorite foods were

It's a show of respect..but damn if that fuzzy zoeller didn't ruin it with his fried chicken and greens quip @ tiger woods