Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ted Turner himself is to blame for the collapse of WCW because he didn't take the whole ideal of a wrestling franchise seriously as Vince McMahon. WCW was just another cash grab for the moment to him. Once he lost interest in it the inevitable happened, leading to the McMahons coming in and buying the rights to everything WCW. Kind of wish the whole Shane & Stephanie McMahon buying out WCW had been an actual real world deal rather than part of a storyline to integrate the WCW wrestlers into WWF.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Thanks. That explains his threat.
    So he didn't put all his effort into it. I see. Thanks.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I would say he didn't allow other people to grow.

[YOUTUBE]WhS4ZDnRqJQ[/YOUTUBE]

You can see steiner was on his side in the day. so it isn't like he hated him from the start.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Steiner's just a whiny asshole. He's the same numbnuts who, once Steve Austin blew up at WWF, was claiming that Ric Flair was the reason that Austin left WCW because Flair was alledgedly jealous of Austin. Mind you, his "Stunning" Steve Austin persona at WCW was nothing like the eventual "Stone Cold" Steve Austin persona he would develop at WWF.

Austin himself has said he was fired from WCW because of Eric Bischoff. Bischoff didn't like or get along with Austin and when Austin ended up suffering an injury where he was unable to perform at 100% for a period of time he used it to claim that Austin had become a liability and fired him.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall that WCW had better storylines and WWF(Now WWE) had the best marketing. I used to watch Florida and Georgia WCW(both hosted by the late, great Gordon Solie). When I lived in New jersey, the WWF was on almost 24/7 on the USA Network in the 80's.

A wrestling magazine cover had a picture of Vince McMahon and a caption of him saying, "I am the Walt Disney of professional wrestling."
    And he is.
    He always gets the big guys(he liked the big guys) and the most flamboyant personalities that money can buy.

It is no surprise that WWE surpassed WCW.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That's because Vince McMahon has always been about the pro wrestling industry from the ground up. He even wanted to become a pro wrestler when he was younger, but his father didn't want him to become involved in the wrestling business at all. Once his father became too old and sick in the early 80's to run the then Capitol Wrestling Corporation promotion, he bought it out and made it part of the Titan Sports company he was the chairman for then it was game on afterwards.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-charged-encouraging-daughter-fight.html

I don't see what the big deal is

This is how we used to settle shit in the old days and everyone went home friends after releasing that anger

On second thought this shit involved a knife and the mama jumped in....lol

I do remember my best friend's mom having her son fight another guy in front of their house while we all watched

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And if Empire had turn out to be a fail rather than a hit, Mo'Nique would now be talking about how she was glad she didn't get/take the role because she knew it would be a flop out of the gate or how if it were not a hit that if they would have picked her as Cookie, then it would have definitely been a hit show. :rolleyes:

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Very true. Literally scenerio word for word. That's human nature, though, lol.

She definity is spitting sour grapes. I don't blame her though, Lee did her wrong. I'm thinking she didn't screen well, or her 'difficult reputation' caught wind with someone higher than him. I do feel for her.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

her playing cookie? naw.

shes stupid. u have been rumored for having a bad attitude.....rumor is no longer a rumor....its a fact

the one person who was seemingly in her corner...she screwed him.

now one is going to work with her.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

saw bruce jenner interview...he stated the obvious...he changing to a woman.

btw..she was once a dude. his name errrr her name is janet mock

[​IMG]

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

With the advances in medicine, hormones and vagina jobs......it's going to be real hard trying to find out who the natural women are

Pun intended???

I'm going to need to see birth certificates

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

before u hit it....look at family fotos

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Red flag nationwide when they say they ain't got none

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I imagine they would change their birth certificates if possible. I know one lady that said she changed her name on hers (natural lady) so it could be possible to change the gender too. Dunno. Guess the only way you would know for sure is if you used some finger action to see if that Va jay gets moist naturally.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This shit is fucking crazy homie

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. Shit like this and the thought of STD's make the idea of settling down more appealing.