Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I know you're joking but unfortunately there is some sad ass truth to that.

2. The Dark King

Eight fricking seasons in and not a single black character. It says a lot about the writers and the casting.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah but blacks need to stop bitching about shit like that...like when we bitched about no blacks on friends and they threw in a bs black character.

Blacks need to do it themselves and stop the bs. Hell we out here making bs stuff on ourselves....

We were doing fine in the 90s but we fucked that off and still are ( thanks cosby...fucking asshole). Im speaking of a different world and living single (btw ...friends was based on that)

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

LOL. Hey, it's one of the reasons I didn't give it a view for years, because I like watching Black roles in my shows. Seinfeld was the same - a lack of diversity (in NYC!). But both shows eventually won me over.

With BBT, I could so see OCD Sheldon getting entangled in "what White people Say to Blacks" shenanigans.

5. The Dark King

Girlfriends
    The Game
    Moesha
    Half and Half
    Family Matters
    etc
    More recently Blackish

We can make hit shows but why does tv have to be segregated?
    And no one is even arguing they should have a black main character but CBS as a network shows how they feel about black characters.
    Any supporting characters on their hit shows who aren't awful stereotypes like the black on 2 Broke Girls? The Good Wife? Shit has there ever been a black person Two and a Half Men? What about How I Met Your Mother?
    The last time I saw a no drug dealer on a CBS show was Walker Texas Ranger lol

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Well regina king was on yhere as an HR person and the race jokes came...ala "roots"

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

On point with that....but blackish is pretty diverse...especially when u get to the office.

Oh i loved "girl friends"

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Loved GIRLFRIENDS and The Game, too! ^^^^ (and the Parkers)

Never watched Friends, so I can't comment on that... but Lorre is too smart to introduce a lame Black character if he does.

Yeah the 90's were great. I loved Martin, too but some people surprisingly take issue with his show. (And I won't burst any more of Petty's bubbles and bring up Gina's sexual harassment suit against Lawrence)

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I completely forgot friends was literally all white lol

Still tho I loved watching it......they created that whole oversized coffee mug craze

And like TDK asks...why does it have to be so segregated

Why can't you just have mixed shows

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I do. I cannot forget M.A.N.T.I.S.

11. The Dark King

Great premise horrible execution though

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's about to get real serious up in here

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Church and Sitcoms.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You mean Aisha Tyler's character in a relationship with David Schwimmer's character, right?

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah i agree with him too....like i stated blackish is pretty diverse when u look at it.....

The game had IR

Greys anatomy had IR (washington fucked that up)..rimes does a good job on diversity..the media kinda hating on her calling her the angry bw...(totally unwarranted when i read the article. Woman had to apologize to her for it i remember correctly.)

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Blade was the shit though

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

God I know snipes had some witty one liners in there...but I can't think of any

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

My mother likes to watch church programs. She watches the ones with white pastors who preach the gospel and read scripture. She isn't crazy about T.D. Jakes because she thinks he's too much of a comedian.

19. The Dark King

There's always some dumb motherfucka trying to ice skate uphill

Use that one on the regular.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Watched a "documentary" on Starsky and Hutch the other night. They were in fact, the first men to have a Bromance on a TV show.

HuggyBear in the interview claimed his character was a positive for other Blacks, because it was very rare to see Black characters on any mega-popular white TV shows. Those shoes tho...