Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Like others have said....some people are just using this as an excuse to act stupid

Innocent people are actually getting fucked up out there

How many people are going wild because they're truly tired of bad policing and how many are just like 'yeaaaaah boy!'

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well just like Katrina and Ferguson etc these rioters will be the focus not the actual problem. It's really easy for people to deflect when they truly believe it doesn't effect them.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah I'd rather the city got a handle on the chaos and widespread violence before having that sit-down on policing at the moment.....

Priorities people

4. The Dark King

And that's short term thinking. Why not take care of the root cause at the same time?

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The rioters MAKE THEMSELVES THE focus. You can't fault the media for reporting it.
    Looting gun shops and passing guns out to people in the street is real crazy.

Quote..... "The family's attorney, branded the situation 'devastating', adding:
    'This won't solve the police problem. This is dangerous to the movement."

Even the Police Commissioner said the fires are a ruse to lure the cops away from other areas so they can commit other neferious crimes. These are gang members, not Activists. The rioters are the actual deflectors.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

There's nothing 'activist' about throwing head-sized rocks through windows :smt043

8. The Dark King

So we ignore what got us here in the first place?
    Yes there are shitty opportunist but that's not what's causing this is it?
    What's worst is we can never seem to separate those with a legitimate gripe from the assholes smh
    We are constantly looking for the perfect victims and perfect victim situation to call things what they are.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah, l read a prominent Baptist church built a $16 million nursing home. Took them eight years to build it and was due to open in Nov. It's now a pile of burnt rubble.

Also read that peaceful protesters linked arms and marched, chanting 'we care about everybody" Very moving.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Those damn cops look what they've done

11. The Dark King

you know what this is a great argument for the end of privacy. CAMERAS EVERYWHERE. The great eye is always watching and if you think you'll get away with some shit you won't anymore.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Power always corrupts

In a society where everyone is on camera, the only ones to get away with crime will be the ones watching

Never fails

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ok, let's see what got us here....the police arrested Gray. They didn't strap him in or render him aid until waaay too late. And he died.
    Then the opportunists of every walk of life jumped in. And here we are.

Nothing changes with this scenerio. Different (or same) actors. Both sides, all sides need to change. Got any suggestions? Serious question.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Like the Patriot Act (wasn't it just re-upped until 2020?) was born to nab terrorists, (high successful Boston Bombers)...Events like this become the nail needed for our privacy to be eradicated.
    Encouraging rioting behavior to justify further militarizing the police ....which will be welcomed by the population....because anything is better than letting the gangs rule the night.
    Makes you wonder why the politicians in both Ferguson and now Baltimore.... waited to askfor their Governor's help. In this case, the rioters were emboldened by the Mayor.

15. The Dark King

Body cams for one and street cams everywhere like they do in London. People are less likely to do dirty shit when they know they're being watched. Help would have come much quicker when they know their asses are on the line and we don't have to just to take their word like its gospel and assholes wouldn't riot if they knew the cops would be at their doors in a week following up their bs.
    And truth be told all the events that lead up to all this shit nationwide boils down to disgusting human beings believing they can't caught. Also making them accountable for their actions (cops) is paramount after they are caught.

16. The Dark King

Sometimes I wonder if it would be better, people are just fucking awful sometimes. They need constant watching to do the right thing.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

have to be watched....people str8 up knowing their on camera....well except that chick from espn

19. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Going to my home town of Baltimore tomorrow to see family and friends. Have not been there for almost two years. For reflection I will visit Carroll street where I was born in South Baltimore. I want to see North Avenue where I grew up and where the epicenters of protest occurred at Pennsylvania Avenue, Fulton Avenue and Druid Hill Avenue. I want to see my aunt who lives on Frederick Avenue where street THUGS wanted to loot and burn down a store across from where she lives, but were stopped by the people in that neighborhood. I want to thank some of them. I want to see the Inner Harbor where the Tale of the Cities is so stark of the well to do being just a few miles from the those without. I want to see my old High School Carver Vocational Technical High School and see for myself how much the trade programs were gut out of the school. I want to reflect on what Baltimore use to be decades ago from the riots after the murder of Dr. King and what it was before that uprising. Many businesses that my families and relatives once had never came back or just moved out. I believe Baltimore will come back. She has to come back. The media say over two hundred minority owned businesses were destroyed and many of those did not have insurance. I want to see a few of these for myself. I want to most of all to confront one of my cousins who told me over the phone that burning and looting helped brought a focus on the problem in the city. I want to know why North, East and South Baltimore were left largely untouched by the THUGS. It's going to be an interesting week.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Great read. Let us know your impressions.

Another unfortunate outcome being reported Is that several of the businesses burned down had additional surveillance video evidence relating to Freddie Gray, the Van and the cops that day.