Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Man, I miss Molly Ivins.

2. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

I saw a report that said that When interviewed, homicide detectives around the country implied that among all races, the loyalty to not turn on their own ran the deepest among young blacks. ....that is even with reward money available. ...they reported that voluntary testimony and corporation assistance in solving murder cases were the least among blacks. ...Hispanic loyalty was second. ....

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Well maybe blacks should be more comfortable talking to the police. They do their part in establishing a functional relationship. It's not like we ever experience police brutality.

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

This isn't recent but truth never gets old...

[​IMG]

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

This killed me.

[​IMG]

6. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

You're making this up!

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In relation to the phenomena of people feeling offended by something almost daily, I heard a radio host declare that;
    "the most "offended" demographic in this country is the White middle-aged male Liberal."

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Beasty again.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wish I could rep you for this. So damn true. He'd be considered a better president than the great Reagan

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The EPA causes a devestating 300 mile spill of toxic metal sludge in the pristine Colorado and New Mexico Rivers. Lunatics running the asylum. :smt099

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. hulkx

hulkx Active Member

What a shame. Colorado is easily one of the most scenic/beautiful states in the US. I hope they can clean this disaster up asap.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They couldn't contain it for days. Damage done for years to come.
    Farmers were crying because their crops are contaminated..town residents are not allowed to drink the local water...
    The devastating effects are several years down the road.

The EPA caused this. Protectors of the environment. Unforgivable incompetence.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Nasty and Horrible

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-cuban-want-republican-party-144345793.html

Mark cuban says he want to vote republican but....

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on Tuesday weighed in on the status of the Republican Party.
    In a post on his Cyber Dust social-media app, the outspoken billionaire investor wrote that he would prefer to join the GOP but had an issue with the party's push for conformity.

"I would prefer to be a Republican," Cuban wrote in the post, which was flagged by The Dallas Morning News. "I want smaller government. I want smarter government. Just like most Republicans. Put aside that I disagree with Republicans on most social issues. The Republicans have a much bigger problem that will crush them in every presidential election until this changes."

Cuban lamented that those who disagree with the "consensus" were called fake Republicans.

"The Republican Party requires that all their presidential candidates conform to consensus," he said. "If you don't agree with every platform of the party, not only are you called a RINO, a 'Republican in Name Only.' You are considered unelectable in primaries and become a source of scorn on Fox News. That's a problem."

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Both parties have this dilemma. If a true 3rd party evolved taking the best from both of them - issues and policies that GENUINELY benefited America and AMERICANS FIRST!...what a country we'd have.

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Exactly. While im not voting for trump i like the fact that its possible for a third party.

As james carvell said "its the economy stupid"
    A third and a fourth party is needed...

:)

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]kao-EzPmW0k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

C-span has hit with penis prank calls

20. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The EPA wanted that area of Colorado classified years ago as a 'superfund' site as one of the most toxic waste sites in the country, to allocate federal funds to drain and clean runoff mine water.

But the townsfolk resisted because they believed the superfund label would scare off tourism revenue.

People cry about states rights, but when states choose the wrong option and they have to pay the price for their poor decisions, they always come back and blame the federal government.

THis problem didn't start over the summer.
    It's been getting progressively worse for over 100 years.

The EPA didn't dump the toxic runoff water that was released from that Colorado mine, it's a byproduct of mining all across the West.

There's an estimated 50,000+ such mines across the country that are filled with toxic runoff water that could potentially contaminate local waterways, if breached.

This is the consequence of NOT having an Environmental Protection Agency and mining companies for decades being allowed to leave behind the toxic byproducts of their mining sealed inside the mines and never cleaning it up.

No surprise the right wing media is trying to spin this like EPA caused the problem, instead of being the ones who tried to clean up the mess corporations left behind.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017