Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Why did Boehner quit (@end of Oct) ...interesting. Replacement will be..?

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah...very strange

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

There are some people on the comment boards predicting that some big scandal of his will drop in like 60 days.

They question why he just didn't resign from the post, but resign from the House.

It's interesting indeed.

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-speaker-john-boehner-to-resign-at-end-of-october/ar-AAeMNHK?ocid=ansmsnnews11

Based on this story, it sounds like it's something he was contemplating for awhile. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but who knows.

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Steve Scalise might be the pick for House Speaker...that damned fool.

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think that he's just worn out. The extreme part of the GOP has made it pretty much impossible to compromise because any kind of compromise is seen as a weakness. Plus, with the threat of another shutdown around the corner he's probably cutting his losses and realizing that he has absolutely no control over the tea partiers in Congress and with the way that the House is structured, he never will. Boehner has almost zero control over any other House members' elections so they have no incentive to be reasonable or compromise. Combine that with gerrymandered districts that all but guarantee re-election every two years and you have a recipe for disaster because there's almost no accountability for doing/saying something insane.

I read an article a few hours ago (can't remember the site) that said that Obama and Boehner had to literally meet in secret during the last shutdown because otherwise Boehner's party would have mutinied and burned him in effigy. I'm not sure how true that story is but it doesn't really surprise me all that much.

7. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Wow informative. Impressed. How many miles are you from Washington Hottie? Hell you should be in Congress.

8. Since1980

Just talking off the top of my head basically lol. But he also lives a pretty hard lifestyle and maybe it's a health issue. He's in his mid-60s and is known to smoke and drink pretty heavily so I wouldn't be surprised if it his sudden retirement was related to that. He was crying during the Pope's speech so maybe he realized that life is too short and that he didn't want to spend his remaining time on earth fighting 24/7.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah i was thinking something similar

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Apparently reason and justice mean nothing in the face of all out insane tenacity. I honestly would love to see if these people aren't on some kind of drugs. They just seem to be contrary just for the sake of being contrary

11. Since1980

That's what kills me the most. For a bunch of people who worship Reagan they would be wise to listen to him and not let the perfect (in their minds, anyway) be the enemy of the good. Unless people who think the same way that they do control every single branch of government compromise is going to be a necessity.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But the absolute most fucked up thing about it is they do it at the expense of the people who they're suppose to be representing and serving.
    That's why as of late I realize we are only getting the representatives we deserve. We as a people keep voting for people who show no interest in serving us just themselves and their bs ideologies.
    I can't even take democrats who want Hilary to win seriously anymore.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah....it can only get worse

14. z

z Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]h0XE_23Mb3w[/YOUTUBE]

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Pretty much

17. z

z Well-Known Member

Trump to 60 mins when asked about illegal immigrants "we gonna round em up humanely and they will be happy"

Round em up? Lol
    this almost 70 yo fool speaks like a 5 yo child and he is a leading candidate, wow

18. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

So long Boehner. You had to lead the crazies and simply put no one could have done it. I respect you for trying but we all knew it wasn't going to work out. Good luck to the next guy and hope the extreme right in congress dies down.

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]Aul2Zf-1qwo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

The dailey show on ben carson and the oregan school shooting