Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well, women are being murdered by their husbands "all the time" too, so let's ban marriage. Your logic doesn't cut. Fact of life is, innocent people are killed all the time. You don't infringe on others one particular birth Right to self-defense, because of the actions of some, nor the desires of some. Doesn't work like that.

In fact, stats alone prove your claims are hyperbole. We have 320 million people and approx 100 miliion guns. Most owners are not going around shooting others.

Even your country has 82 million people and 45 million firearms in circulation, according to the German Govt. I'm sure innocent people have been shot there. Take them away from everyone first, then.

Better yet, anyone here complaining - don't wait for the abolishment of the 2nd Amendment. Hand in your firearms today. Show you mean what you say and turn them into your local police station. Let me know when it happens.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Just gonna leave these pearls of wisdom here..

“O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if, to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people! Your arms, wherewith you could defend yourselves, are gone …”

- Elliot p. 3:50-53, in Virginia Ratifying Convention demanding a guarantee of the right to bear arms

“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress?
    If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?”

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.”

- Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Member of the First U.S. Senate.

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms…”

- George Mason

“…to disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them…”

- Thomas Jefferson

“The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed and that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of press.”

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. Not jumping down your throat. Feel free to express yourself. All good.

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I could post several quotes from several old dead White men justifying and rationalizing slavery too.

Also, most of these quotes were made within the context of states and local militias, when you and your neighbor down the street were the military.

I really doubt the Founding Fathers would have the same view on firearms knowing we had a professional national army.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Interesting

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

These aren't just dead old white men AB, and this has nothing to do with slavery. This is about your human birthright to defend yourself.

America had the Continental Army back then to fight against the British. Keep in mind;
    'Patrick Henry, Richard Lee, and most other Revolutionary leaders knew full well that their revolution against British tyranny would have been impossible without the arms that nearly every colonist kept in their homes'.

Our founding Fathers would definitely be aghast at the threat to the individual liberty of every American and would encourage arming ourselves today even more-so.

Don't attack the 2nd with modern day comparisons, without attacking the 1st and 4th and their own modern day equivalencies.

Do you think the Patriot Act is ok? ( I bet you do, lol)
    Ok for law officers to search your home or business without your consent or knowledge?; for the FBI to search all of your telephone, e-mail, and financial records without a court order?; and law enforcement to rifle through your business records, including financial records, without a warrant?
    The forefathers were damn visionaries.

7. The Dark King

There was also a God given right to property and black people along with white women were that property until the thinking shifted

8. andreboba

Remember the Continental army was made up of volunteers, meaning in most cases you had to bring your own gun, and disbanded after the war was over.

So the U.S. 'army' in the late 18th century was contingent on citizens having their own firearms. That's why there's so much early writing that argues for the necessity and 'right' of citizens to possess firearms for the national defense.

That's and outdated way of thinking in the 21st century, when the United States has the largest and most expensive military in the world.

Average citizens no longer need to own military style weapons in order to defend the country.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

10. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yes, things have been good with me. I hope all is well with you, and your family, too.

11. DudeNY12

For a person such as him... The risk tells me that it wasn't much different than any of his other photo ops to suggest that he's not racist. Also... Racists may not want you in their close circle, but they're probably happy to take in more $$$ even from someone with black skin. I'd agree that some racists want absolutely nothing to do with a person who's not like them. Trump is clearly not that person. So, while he'll shake my hand (especially in front of a camera)... I certainly won't delude myself into thinking anything other than what his character has shown all along. When it's all said and done... He's also an opportunist.

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with you. I think his entire life has shown that he's incapable of sincerity; His every move has a self-serving ulterior motive. With people like that, I can't trust a single word or action coming from them, to be genuine in the least.

13. The Dark King

So hold on if hes not racist please explain his housing discrimination against black people or were they making it up?
    How about him surrounding himself with other racists? Birds of feather right.

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

But Turner Diaries right-wing gun-nuts don't think they need "military style weapons" to "defend the country." They think they need military style weapons to defend themselves against the EVIL LIBRUL GUBMINT

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. RicardoCooper

Don't forget he called for the execution of the Central Park Five...AFTER they were acquitted. And Obummer is from KENYA

16. DudeNY12

Yup! Funny thing is that many of his supporters act as if he came along (like any other person) and folks simply chose to dislike him. Totally overlooking that he brings ALL of the negative feelings/statements on himself. Talk about lowering the bar for someone. It can't get any lower than it is for him.

Exactly! Of course they overlook that stuff.

Yup! That and... He spent $85,000 to run full page ads in 4 NYC newspapers for several days calling for the death penalty for the Central Park 5. Also... Even when their convictions were vacated because of DNA evidence... He was against that. But somehow we're supposed to believe that he wants to help people and... he's "the least racist person you'll ever meet".

17. The Dark King

Don't forget invading darkies because when brown people immigrate it's an invasion when white people do it they're just looking for a better life

18. The Dark King

That too but hey "he's the least racist person you will ever meet"

19. RicardoCooper

"Evil Librul Gubmint" & "darky invasion" are one in the same to the John Bircher/Turner Diaries/racist site/Bundy Gang bitter-clinger crowd

20. andreboba

Man Trump and his cohorts are quietly flipping the federal Circuit courts hard right and corporate leaning.
    For those who couldn't stand to vote for HRC under any circumstances, prepare to live in the United State of Alabama.

Everyone should understand that for the general public and legal position, you should WANT a liberal judge, not a conservative one.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg is doing her damnedest to hold on until Trump is out of office, but that could be 2 years away.