Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I hate the Clintons so much, I didn't bother watching the video you posted. I don't need more reasons to dislike them. LOL.

However, I did just watch it, and you're right, we posted the same thing, only yours is the "Cliff's Notes" version. LOL.

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I honestly have no idea who I'll vote for. It will come down to voting for the lesser evil rather than a favorite.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

What bothers me is the racist notion that crime and blacks are synonymous. If I am not a criminal, why would I care about the crime bill? If I don't do or sell drugs, why would I care about mandatory minimums? Oooooh I'm supposed to be outraged.

This whole re-litigation of the Clinton years is amusing. The only political thing he got wrong was Glass-Steagall.

If Obama hired Hillary after he was elected he clearly got over any "racist attacks" on the campaign trail. If he doesn't care why should I? People who hang on to stuff after the actual people it happened to are over it, are also amusing.

Hillary supporter here no question

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Then you will be supporting Hillary :smt023

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's not about associating criminals with black people. It's about black people (who happen to be criminals) getting screwed by an unjust system. Any system that is inherently unfair to a group of people because of their race is wrong, and anybody who supports that system is wrong too.

Some people want to argue that Bill Clintons record shouldn't be held against Hillary. In my opinion that is naive thinking, Hillary is clearly going to be leaning on Bills experience and ideas if she gets into office.

Now as for Obama hiring Hillary, it doesn't mean for a second that he might not still hold resentment towards her and her husband. Obama was simply being a good party member. The DNC had pegged Clinton as their heir apparent from the second she lost the nomination.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

8. Bookworm616

When the presidential campaign really started to get going last year, and Trump was in the lead, I was amused. I was happy about it because it showed that the American people were "waking" up and wanted a change.

I never thought it would last this long.

His wins in NH and now SC are blowing me away.

WTF?

This guy says all sorts of things and people are eating it up.

The people are truly revolting against the establishment. But, will they end up liking it? Time will tell.

If Trump wins the nomination, I can't even imagine who he would tap for his VP.

This is truly a crazy time we are living in.

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Trump continues to distill the essence of virulent Americanness and reap the electoral rewards. I'm not surprised, just saddened. The country - or at least a significant proportion of its population - seems determined not to learn the lessons of the past.

10. Bookworm616

What do you mean by that? It makes it sound like you think we've already elected several non-establishment politicians before, but we haven't.

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Trump's demagoguery and authoritarianism are the logical end product of the manipulation of the white working class by the economic and ruling elite. To prevent the development of multiracial class consciousness among white workers, the ruling class has fomented anger among them toward anyone - African-Americans, women, homosexuals, immigrants, religious minorities, the international community and the like. Now that rage has reached a boiling point and can no longer be channeled toward the elite's preferred option. The genie is out of the bottle and won't be contained any longer.

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]lXcSj5NpIXQ[/YOUTUBE]

Hit'em hard Romney geez.

13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Exactly this. Republicans want to act like Trump started all of this when he decided to run a few months ago, but he didn't. He's just riding the wave of what was already there, and had been there for years. It goes back to Nixon's Southern Strategy decades ago and Trump's popularity is the end result.

Frankenstein's monster is terrorizing the village and they want to stop it after it's already loose, when they never should have built him to begin with.

You have some rep coming as soon as I can give out some more.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Classic....lol

Let's go a step further, conservative talk shows built him

15. Since1980

I wasn't the first one to use that analogy but there really isn't a more perfect way to describe what's happening right now.

Hell, he was on Fox News years ago before the last election and he went full birther, demanding to see the President's "real" birth certificate, something he never asked Mitt Romney (or any other white candidate) to do. And what the did the GOP have to say about it? Not a damn thing. How much more disrespectful and racist can you get to insinuate that the President is not only a communist secret Muslim, but that he even lied about his birthplace and that he isn't even American?

The worst part is that Trump wasn't even the first one to do it, he was just the most vocal about it. And then Republicans wonder why they can't break through with minority voters. That would have been the perfect chance for republicans to say that while they disagreed with the President on policy issues, they still believed that he didn't fake his birth certificate to hide the fact that he was born in Kenya and smuggled into the U.S. at birth, but that would piss off the tea party types that helped give them Congress so that wasn't going to happen.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I watched on CNN a Washington insider say that he was told by his Republican sources that if Donald gets to the point where he WILL win the nomination, that they will just not nominate him at the Republican Convention, and they will bring in a third party person to nominate instead.
    Is that even possible?

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I wonder why he didn't just run as an independent. Anyway I hope he does get blocked.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

"Prominent civil rights activist has publicly endorsed Donald Trump, praising the presidential candidate for what he believes to be his business acumen.

Charles Evers, 93, said he believed in the Republican frontrunner 'first of all because he's a businessman' and that 'jobs are badly needed in Mississippi', reported Clarion Ledger.

Evans is the brother of slain civil rights reader Medgar Evans and was the first black mayor to be elected in Mississippi back in 1969....

[​IMG]

....Evers also told Clarion Ledger that he respects Trump's views on immigration and said that he doesn't feel 'the U.S. should be obligated to provide support for undocumented immigrants'.

Another winning factor of Trump's campaign was his Christian faith, added Evers.

He also said that he plans to attend Trump's rally in *Madison Monday and hopes to speak to the presidential candidate about bringing a catfish processing plant to Mississippi.

Evers explained: 'Our catfish is shipped to China and brought back for us to buy. Put a catfish farm here.'

And now, Evers has been officially recognized as a member of Trump's Mississippi campaign team along with Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler, according to news release from Mitch Tyner of the Mississippi Donald Trump Committee, sent out Friday."

[​IMG]

20. Since1980

[​IMG]