Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    He's now Mayor.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I saw the actual vid and I don't think he used the term correctly, unless he believed in 2009 that he campaigned to some Muslim groups he felt were overly deferential to White people.

LOL. It was really strange to hear that phrase come out of a Brit pol's mouth to be honest.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  4. andreboba

What Melania did by lifting a paragraph nearly verbatim from Michelle Obama's DNC convention speech is not the same as Michelle Obama openly quoting her own husband in a speech.

THe phrases, 'the world as it is', and 'the world as it should be', are so commonly used they really can't be attributed to anyone in particular.

IMO you read way too much Breitbart, Bliss.lol

If Melania had ripped off another conservative there wouldn't be nearly as much flak.

But her plagiarizing the right wing's most hated First Lady is just embarrassing.:smt042

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Trump will have someone to blame and call names for their latest fuck up.

6. andreboba

I just heard a rumor that Trump can't fire the speech writer responsible for the fuck up because it was probably one of his kids.

The problem with that is Trump is working on wife #3 and it's been speculated one of his adult children could have put that Michelle Obama quote in Melania's speech to make her look bad.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Openly "quoting" her husband, lol. Who plagerized?
    C'mon now. Lifting is lifting. Michelle's words could be deemed just as common. Probably why the WH haven't said a peep yet.

Why would you think l read too much Briebart? I don't at all. The link sent me there. You must understand that when I Google stuff and research I'm not looking at the web sites necessarily - if it can be proven then I go with it. I mean, what are you going to tell me about thinkprogress.org - that l read too much of it because l quoted their story? You'd be shocked at the various sites l click on because of a search link. From The Root to Politico to Drudge and Huff. C'mon man...it's the Net. Anything goes. :p

Whaaa? #3?? :smt042. ( ps: did you mean #4?)
    Anyway, girl...where you get your goss from? :smt052 That don't make no dang sense.

Although, l will say l did think it might have been a Liberal plant who got hired and then sabotaged, lmao.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Sources speaking out...

9. andreboba

Just saying, in the example Brietbart used of Michelle Obama plagiarizing, she said she was talking about a conversation she had with her husband.

Like if iI said , "I was talking to Bliss and she told me....."
    That's attribution not plagiarizing.

That's nothing like what Melania did.

The sentence structure not just the words were taken from Michelle Obama's 2008 speech.

Trump's campaign should have apologized about it and moved on.
    It wasn't like Melania's entire speech was lifted from Michelle Obama or whoever.

If you knew the history of Breitbart I don't know if you'd view them as a credible news source.

They've run multiple sting operations on liberal groups, secretly filming the encounters then selectively editing the footage.

Breitbart was responsible for getting Department of Agriculture employee Shirley Sherrod fired after they selectively edited and released video of her speaking at an NAACP event to make her appear racist.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Fair enough, on the Melania issue. So now it bears the question -- who looked better saying it? :p

On Briebart...the first I ever heard of him was when he died. Had no clue who he was and what all the fuss was about. I hear his name mentioned here and there since then, and l used his link one other time for a Garner story. Had no idea it was his either, but it knotted up the balls of a male member here, l recall.

11. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

I think people have sipping stupid supporting Trump

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Stupidity and frustration
    Horrible combo

13. stiletoes

Hey DK how the heck are you?

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not too bad love. Was actually in your neck of the woods visiting my girlfriend's family. Never realized how great Boston is but tiny.
    How you been?

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to add fear of change and scapegoating of the other.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Who here finds this offensive, and who finds it just so funny. Who agrees with it?

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Cringing for Trump's imminent speech and he hasn't said a word yet...

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I find it really ignorant. I agree with the underlying sentiment about lack of diversity, but name-calling is for children.

19. stiletoes

500,000 in town, Many more in the burds and I know about half and not even from here LOL

20. stiletoes

Disagree with and don't like Ted Cruz, but admire him for not endorsing Satan