Random racist, stereotypical, and unpopular thoughts thread

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by 4north1side2, Feb 2, 2016.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Don't have to be rich....

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No, but it always seems to be the ultimate benchmark that black folks use to measure black success. Being college educated comes next because that most often is assumed will help you become rich.

That's why you more often than not have entitled douchebag behavior or playing out of Hotep respectably politics or both, from some financially successful black people or educated black people who hope to be on that level someday.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You also have to consider the fact that these young men had next to nothing before their good fortune. Now that they have found it, they become kids in a candy/toy shop. They have money and an opportunity to go anywhere and buy anything they want.

Then, comes the sex. Sex with women, whom before, wouldn't give them a second look. If they are known to them, the women are willing to throw themselves at them.

The Brian DePalma version of the film Scarface influenced rap and hip-hop music in a visual representation, although it was, like the early 30's version which inspired it, was intended to be viewed as a cautionary tale.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That falls under what I said in my last post about black folks viewing wealth as the benchmark of black success/black excellence.

That's why many of these young men live like there is virtually no tomorrow and it becomes a self fulling prophecy in a sense because they end up broke before they turn 40. They don't save or invest in anything or attempt to help anyone else from making the same silly mistakes with their wealth. Everyone of them thinks they will be the exception, but just end doing the same ignorant shit trying to prove they are "That Black One Above Everyone Else".

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

So true

So so true

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Blame it on the phrase, YOLO (You Only Live Once). Some people want to live fast and die young.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Blame it all on our society and the belief that money trumps all else. Black, white, brown or whatever, end of the day everyone is looking at that as the solution for every problem.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Money is a constant in this life. It's inevitable because you get nothing for nothing.

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

That's like in "Set it Off" where college educated, suave corporate bank manager Blair Underwood falls for Compton hoodrat bank robber Jada Pinkett

Female wish fulfillment at its finest

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Happens all the time.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fucking cosign

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn Cosign
    That's so true. Cinderella complex all day.
    I bring absolutely nothing to the table you can't find elsewhere with far less drama but hey there's something about me lol

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Money is only a constant because our modern society made it so. Prior to the creation of a monetary system various skill sets & what one could do with said skills was the basic currency.

Think about this : The vast majority of the individuals who hold and control wealth don't actually have skills other than knowing how to skillfully maneuver and manipulate the monetary system. Which is why they do everything in their power to insure that the current system stays in place so they will be able to keep the status and power the current & long standing system gives them.

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

She is running the Washed-Up R&B/Rap chick business plan

a) Make a couple hits/videos
    b) Meet rich dude (preferably sports, rap, never a sober corporate guy)
    c) Have his kid (child support hu$tle)
    d) Retire
    e) Get reality show deal (optional)

If singer is black, bonus points for

1) Swirling
    2) Getting new simp to take on your thug baby by previous goon

See: Iggy Azelea, Eve, Ciara, Tiny (Xscape), Kelly Rowland etc

This only works if you're somewhat attractive or else you end up like Rah Digga

15. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

16. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

I just witnessed a discussion in a facebook regarding dreads.
    A white woman asked for a good hairdresser in Berlin who can do dreads.
    Some (other white) people attacked her since "you are not supposed to wear them as a white person".

Some argued that they see it as a sign of welcoming other cultures and that even the wikings and celtics wore them.

I want to know the opinion of black men.
    Do you get offended by white people (men or women) wearing dreads?

17. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

My feeling is... Do what makes you happy. It's not at all offensive to me to see a white person with dreads. I do know some black people with the mindset of... "They shouldn't be wearing our hairstyles". Just another form of hate to keep the ugly thing called racism going.

18. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Thank you! That was just what some of us were saying!
    But I wanted to hear the opinion of someone who is entitled to an opinion, not from a white girl who thinks she read enough about history to judge.

I told her that I judge people by their actions, their values and behaviour, not by the color of skin. She said that's ignorant. Well....

19. K

K Well-Known Member

Just a white chick, but...

There is attitude out there about locks period.

Anyone doing them probably knows that and is willing to deal with what comes along with it.

I'd let them know there are lots of tutorials online to show them how to lock, and manage existing locks.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

How do you own a hairstyle? If you have hair that you are able to style or wear a certain way then go for it. Whether or not you look good with a particular hair style after you get is another topic for discussion.