Random Sports Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by goodlove, Nov 15, 2014.

1. free816

free816 New Member

You had to have been tired of seeing 7 of the 8 dudes in the everyday line up strike out 200 a year, heyward needed a change upton never lived up to the hype hell im a mets fan watching uggla last couple years was painful to me

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

3. Otis

Otis New Member

...and that new ballpark :smt013 Don't even get me started on that one!

The Braves are leaving a perfectly good ballpark in Turner Field, that was located just south of Downtown Atlanta for a new location nestled in the pocket of the worst traffic glut in the entire region.

Turner Field is easy to get to, has a proud history (with all them Division Tomahawks lined up AND hosted the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics) and is a damn fine stadium.

[​IMG]

But it's located in the neighborhood. And after hearing Braves brass mention something along the lines of 'we wanna be closer to OUR fans....'

Let's just say that sounds fishy.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Hold up...what do you mean OUR fans

5. Otis

Otis New Member

Yeah, the strikeout kings thing had gotten ridiculous!! But our pitching was sound (& that'd been a staple since the Shouerholtz days). Ugh! It's such a role-reversal playing bottom feeder.

Hold up--you like ball? So who's your team?

And yes, thank you Bliss. I uhhh....didn't know that.

(Gone to the baseball room I am!)

Deuces!! :smt051

6. free816

free816 New Member

Been to turner field a few times it is very easy to get to surprised myself they got a park so soon it's whst 20yrs old? Where is the new park? Better question from middle of Decatur

7. Otis

Otis New Member

That is what they said. And yes the demographics between South Atlanta & the northern burbs are totally different.

Fucked up ain't it?

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Damn that's cold blooded

9. Otis

Otis New Member

Cobb County...right in the heart of the traffic glut.

It makes no sense (UNLESS it is viewed from a "let's move away from them" perspective)

Even Tim Kurkjian(sp) said he didn't get it.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Haa, hey, you can dish baseball where-eeever you like luv, just letting you know there's a dedicated thread when these turds (yes, you petty) start dissing our iconic baseball :smt062

Anyhoo. Carry on! :cool:

11. free816

free816 New Member

I'm right outside knoxville shortens my
    Drive lol

12. Otis

Otis New Member

And for the record, a LOT of other people, papers, & sources noticed:

Huffington Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/16/atlanta-braves-stadium_n_4452480.html

International Business Times
    http://www.ibtimes.com/atlanta-braves-move-cobb-county-about-race-not-transportation-1470814

ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9...ving-turner-field-relocating-cobb-county-2017

I don't know if I'll be a Braves fan when they leave Turner Field. Since I've moved back to Maryland, I have my choice of the O's or the Nats. I watch both, but I'm more inclined to cheer the Orioles (being the Maryland team 'n all)

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Make sure you wipe your chin when you're done

14. Otis

Otis New Member

Okay, I'm back. And Bliss, you was startin' to weave your magik on me until I saw that logo - I hate the Phillies!

100 years of losing.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Ummm, you mad or something? How come you don't say that ish to the women who converse with you? This is the second time you've tried this disrespect ...it's not a handsome look on ya![​IMG]
    ...just sayin.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:butthead:

*Atlanta are the team to beat, I can't front.

17. Otis

Otis New Member

Hahahahahahahaaaa! :smt042

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

See I knew you had a sense of humor, but these chicks are trying to separate you from me like I'm that contagious kindergartner with chickenpox

19. Otis

Otis New Member

Irony is a bitch. I happen to be watching San Diego--LA on MLB Network & luckily caught Craig Kimbrel's debut. All he did was blow Dodgers outta the pond, striking out the side. In a Padres uniform.

Fuck.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Watch out, Phillies-phlogger. We Philly fans are die-hard.