Random Sports Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by goodlove, Nov 15, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

LMAO

You know, soccer. Er, I mean football. The one where you actually use your feet, lol.

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]uASp59Umkhc[/YOUTUBE]

storytime with jalen rose: the mansion

6. free816

free816 New Member

They are in the east which is horrible, best backcourt going , better than curry and Thompson splash bros, wall and beal together for a decade could get good enough to be in all time backcourt discussions , adding the truth helps now but come spring he will really help wouldn't shock me in the least the wiz represents the east aka sacrificial lamb for whoever comes out of the west,, and today I have no clue who will GS can clips Spurs rip city or okc even Memphis

7. Nobody outside of america cares about american "football"

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

But everybody around the world loves soccer

Americans, the center of the universe

:p

9. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

And? Lol is that supposed to impact my view of the sport? :rolleyes:

10. I dont get why yanks call football soccer and call what looks like rugby football makes nosense

11. nope just saying nobody outside america cares about it

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I don't get it either, and I'm a yank. Lol

I read somewhere that in the old days football and rugby were called association football and rugby football, respectively. They .each got short nicknames to distinguish them, "soccer" and "rugger" from 'association' and 'rugby', and then the Brits started saying 'football' and 'rugby' b/c Yanks said 'soccer' and 'rubgy'. Thus, even the term 'soccer' comes from Britain as well, lol.

13. free816

free816 New Member

that's alright lol but study the history of American football, the sport was designed with warfare in mind giving young American boys something to do as close to war as possible.
    There isn't another sport that will make a boy look inside himself and really ask is it worth it lol, soccer is a passion spent 2 years in Italy during world cup 1990 those feelings are the same,

there is just something about football it will stick around as long as soccer will think it will catch on more so in other countries as well

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

before 911 the commentators used words like "its going to be a war. a battle "
    so i wouldnt doubt your statement

15. free816

free816 New Member

no serious there is a book think it's called history of American football all the positions associated with a battalion or company , heard the Authur on Sirius radio some years ago pimping it, I didn't know either but hearing that interview it made sense

16. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

What do you guys think of Odell Beckham Jr.? Next big time WR or nah?

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

cool. im gonna look that up

18. free816

free816 New Member

Major star he is in New York that helps playing for the Giants helps, Cruz coming back will cut into his productions they have to find 2 backs in the draft some lineman or two, but with help yea dude is a talent quick fast big enough with great hands his greatest assets is the kid has no fear

19. qwils86

qwils86 New Member

The a Giants need to improve their defense too.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah...defense is in need of improvement