"Reaping" Some IR Action

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by nobledruali, May 18, 2007.

1. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Okay folks what's the low-down on The Reaping
    [​IMG]
    with Hillary Swank & Idris Elba :?: :!:
    [​IMG]

A friend of mine told me that there was some "swirling" going on between them in the film. :wink: Haven't seen it yet so fill a brotha in on the details if anyone has seen it...okay? Thanks. :)

PS>Must have been something going on because I heard our bro didn't make it all the way through the film :!: Typical... :x

2. Silvercosma

Silvercosma New Member

[​IMG]

I like that picture - he looks sexy in it!! [​IMG]

You know what? That's what goes on my nerves too, that it's almost always the black man who has to die first. There is only one movie I know about that is a remarkable exception of this rule: "The Quiet Earth" Maybe you know it? It's an old movie from somewhen in the 80s, and is about some kind of chemical disaster which leaves the world with only 3 human survivors: A white woman, a white man and a black man.

[​IMG]

They showed it in TV over here a couple of weeks ago, and while I was watching it, I thought: Typical, now the black man is going to die soon and the woman breeds a new population with the WM. [​IMG] And indeed, throughout the whole movie it seemed that the women is only interested in the white man. But then, at the very end, the black man and the white women hook up, and the white man sacrifices his life to secure their survival.

[​IMG]

The movie itself is rather average, not really one of the best movies out there,
    but I definitely loved the end of it!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. nobledruali

Hey Silver thanks for the pics & the info & KEEP POSTING :!: :wink:

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will see that video. More better than that current flick guess what she did not even get intimate which figures. It was typical.

5. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

Noble, in case you're on to that, Hilary ain't doing nothing with bro Idris. She's seeing some white guy - don't know his name and don't care.

But she definitely is smoking.

6. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

I went to the "Reaping" a few weeks ago. Nothing going on between those two. There was a scene where she wakes from a nightmare and the brother comes into the room and wakes her up. He just holds her a little bit as she's very upset but that's the extent of it.

The black guy's character was focused on being religious. He spends much of the movie trying to get her to have faith and preaching to her.

SPOILER BELOW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She has a dream sequence in the movie where she is having sex with another character in the film (WM). It turns out later that it wasn't a dream, she had been drugged and raped by him. By the end she is pregnant with this man's child. The rapist is also the same guy who kills the brotha.

7. nobledruali

:? Thanks LC & shaft for clearing that up for me. Seems like I was mislead somewhat by my friend on that one :!: :evil:

8. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

No offense but how did you get misled? Making a pairing of a black man and a white woman in a mainstream Hollywood film (in fact even hinting at an attraction) is about as unlikely as making an ugly, gay, Arabic terrorist the lead protagonist of a summer blockbuster.

9. nobledruali

:smt081 I know that's right :!: But like I said a good friend of mine saw it & told me that getting my hopes up in the process. :oops:

10. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

:smt005 :smt005 :butthead: :smt036

11. nobledruali

LC you wrong for that playa. :smt081