RIP Chadwick Boseman

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

2. Bookworm616

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Very sad and shocking.
    He had experienced drastic weightloss for a year. Now we know why.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. thwurefet5

thwurefet5 New Member

This one is truly shocking. It seemed like he was just reaching the height of his power. R.I.P.

5. Bookworm616

I haven't been paying much attention to Hollywood for a few years now, so I had no idea. It was truly a shock to me.

I got home last night and on my phone was a Smart News notification of his death and I had to read it like 3 times to believe it, all the while saying "what?? what?? what??"

What a shame. He was taken way too soon. My daughter was like: what's going to happen to Black Panther now? I looked up to see if they had finished filming the second one, and it doesn't look like they've started (only 2 actors are listed). I can't even imagine who could replace him.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They're gonna pull some bs and make Shuri BP. It is cannon just sucks because it won't get nearly the same support and it will some how be the fault of black men

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20200830_110133.jpg
    20200830_110105.jpg
    20200830_110136.jpg

Rise and walk with the ancestors, King T'Challa. R.I.P.

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20200829_080119.jpg

9. Bookworm616

I honestly don't think people are going to blame black men. I mean, the main character died in real-life. The filmmakers have no choice but to make some very tough decisions about the future of the Black Panther franchise. I believe people will understand.

Until your post, I had no idea his sister became Black Panther. The easy way to continue the franchise would be to go that route, I guess. But, it'll still be hard to make people understand without Chadwick to act in it, because people like me don't read the comic books and have no idea about these things.

Recasting T'Challa would be interesting. It worked with the Harry Potter franchise. Richard Harris passed away between the 2nd and 3rd movies, so they HAD to recast Dumbledore. Whilst Dumbledore isn't the main character in the series, he's a really integral part of the story, so they (obviously) needed to recast the role. As for the main character, I would be okay if they recast T'Challa with a worthy successor if he brought the same intensity/feeling/aura (I'm having a hard time coming up with the correct word) to the role. As of now, no actor comes to mind to play him.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the sequel. It was scheduled to be released in 2022, so we know that's not happening now.

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20200831_154746.jpg

11. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Heart breaking Rest In Peace and thanks for all the great work left behind.

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-08-28-23-09-13(1).jpg

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Some female is replacing him. I will find the article. Seems the studio were aware if his impending departure. (If l find the article, l will post it)

BTW, here was his funeral...
    He was cremated and some saying his ashes were spread out at sea.

(His widow is in the White dress)

20200906_140216.jpg

20200906_140030.jpg

20200906_140050.jpg

20200906_140117.jpg

20200906_140257.jpg

20200906_140137.jpg

20200906_140317.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

People only bring that part up. They never talk about how it was only temporary. I don’t want to see Shuri or a resurrected Killmonger as BP.

Wait a minute and recast the role.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

While he secretly struggled with cancer....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He turned off comments on his Instagram...

[​IMG]

18. Bookworm616

I hope all of those people feel badly about what they said.

I mean, come on, people. If an actor starts losing a crap ton of weight and looks like that, there are literally only 2 reasons for it: he/she is doing it for a part or they're sick.

It's unconscionable people were ripping into him for it.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I never saw those pictures when they first came out but if I had I would have known immediately that he was sick, he looks just like my father did before he lost his fight with cancer.

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I saw them. I just thought he was losing weight for a role. It never dawned in me that he could actually be sick.