RIP Chadwick Boseman

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-09-12-11-46-17(1).jpg

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

A Beautiful Chadwick Boseman Mural Has Been Revealed At Downtown Disney In California

[​IMG]

Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman's death shocked the world, and the tributes to the actor continue pouring in. The latest has been unveiled at Downtown Disney in Anaheim, California, with artist Nikkolas Smith responsible for creating a beautiful piece of imagery with Boseman shown exchanging the Wakanda salute with a child wearing a Black Panther mask.

"This one is special. My King Chad tribute is now on a wall on display at Downtown Disney," Smith wrote on Instagram earlier today. "It is a full circle moment for me: my final two projects as a Disney Imagineer last summer were working on the Children’s Hospital project and the Avengers Campus. To millions of kids, T'Challa was a legend larger than life, and there was no one more worthy to fill those shoes than Chadwick Boseman."

"I'm so thankful to be able to honor Chadwick's life and purpose in this way. I am grateful to the Disney family for being so supportive of my journey as an artist," he concluded.

Disneyland remains closed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, but the Downtown Disney shopping and dining district remains open, and that's where this mural can be found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-09-28-15-38-32(1).jpg

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Chadwick Boseman died without a will, wife files probate case
    By Francesca Bacardi

October 16, 2020 | 9:44am

[​IMG]
    Taylor Simone Ledward and Chadwick.
    His widow has filed a probate case as the late “Black Panther” star died without a will.

Taylor Simone Ledward filed the case on Thursday in Los Angeles and is requesting a judge name her administrator of the state with limited authority, according to documents obtained by Page Six.

Ledward listed the estimated value of Boseman’s estate as $938,500.

The docs state Boseman is survived by his parents, Leroy and Carolyn Boseman, and his wife, Ledward. No other family is listed.

He had time. Why no Will? I hope it doesn't turn ugly with the family and his new wife.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wait he wasn't even worth a million? Wtf? What were they paying him for being a lead of a franchise

8. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

The dying without a will thing keeps plaguing far too many black celebs. Even if Boseman thought he was really going to beat this thing he should have written up one anyway.

As for his value he had a five-movies contract with Marvel. The sequel to BP would be the final film of that contract. So the question is if that contract was for one total sum for all of the appearances or if each film gave him a different number depending on his screen time. If so he was barely in the two Avengers films so I could see marvel/Disney giving him somewhere in five figures for each one. Captain America : Civil War would have been more I would think----low six figures. Black Panther he'd probably got about a million or maybe as low as $500,000. I kid you not. Think of how RDJ got less than Terrence Howard supposedly for Iron Man and I'm pretty certain Howard didn't get very much at all.

Often times studios will hand out loads of extra cash to a star of a blockbuster film that made far more money than expected. One would think Marvel would have done this for Boseman considering how it surprised the studio how much BP made. But Disney owns Marvel and Disney can he kind of cheap. Either way this is sad.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

He had just one Black Panther film under his belt plus co-star status in the other Marvel films he appeared in. How does that equate to his pay being millions?

Had he lived to do a second Black Panther & it went on to be just as big or bigger than the first, then the pay check gets bigger because he is now proven box office franchise player.

10. The Dark King

Fam please go check that man's resume he's been the lead in at least 4 films. Did they pay dude in Skittles and ice tea?

11. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

As a token of their genuine appreciation for his promotion and performance in what was the fifth biggest blockbuster of all time . . . "Black Panther", the CFO and CEO of Walt Disney should have granted him a bonus from the box office revenues if only as a measure of Good Faith moving forward . . . think of the great PR they would have earned by acknowledging Chadwick Boseman with a certified check of 7.5 million or so after all the box office had run its course in 2018.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Marvel handles their salaries almost like a sports team, "rookies" get a base salary until they prove themselves. After they prove they are worth their value the Studio backs up a dump truck of money for the next contract.

For example, Robert Downey Jr. made $500,000 for Iron Man 1, but he got $75,000,000 for Avengers Endgame.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Why do you assume he was getting big pay in those other films due to being a lead? Fame does not equal to automatic high level wealth. Especially in the field of acting.

The man was on the come up & just starting to get recognition for his talent. They weren't dumping money like that on him. And for the sake of this discussion let's say that they were. Now take into account the man was on the QT fighting colon cancer hoping beyond hope that he would be one of the few individuals to survive it. Whatever medical treatments he was undergoing clearly weren't cheap.

Should haves do not equate to actually did.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Black Panther is the 12th highest-grossing movie of all time which would have virtually guaranteed that had he lived to make it, Chadwick would have been paid an obscene amount of money for Black Panther 2.

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

https://www.reportdoor.com/chadwick-boseman-died-without-a-will-wife-files-a-probate-case/

16. The Dark King

17. The Dark King

I'm not saying he should have Will Smith money just hard to believe dude did at least 4 movies where he was a lead one post Black Panther and he's worth less than a million? Don't make sense

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

His being apart of the MCU & Black Panther becoming a high grossing film officially put him into the big paycheck bracket. Even though he clearly had talent that earned him leading role status in most of his movies prior to and after signing on with MCU, he may not have been getting paid BIG leading role money like that for every role.

The fact that we are learning that he left no will despite the fact he was dealing with a terminal illness speaks to the fact that we have no clue exactly what he may have been doing with any wealth that he may have accumulated nevermind how much he may have actually had.

19. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

i read an interview with Taye Diggs where he said he had to learn the financial pitfalls of moviemaking for b-list celebrities. You can get 100-200k for a film and then supplement that with other work; whereas, TV base salary minimums are per episode and will more than quadruple that amount yearly. Doing film exclusively isn’t as lucrative as getting a TV gig.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Maybe, he has a corporation? He would be signed to his corporation and the corporation is signed to Marvel. That's how my bs production deal was set up back in the day.

All of the big assets would belong to the corporation. Of course, that comes with its own benefits. When you factor in merchandising and what not, no way he was only worth less than a million.