RIP Chadwick Boseman

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, Aug 29, 2020.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah my thoughts exactly

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I thought it was low, too.

I've read he earned anywhere from $1 to $3 to $5 million for Black Panther, and that he was worth up to $15 million.

I think $15 is likely high -- Angela Bassett is reportedly only worth $25 million and she has done 90 films.
    (Unless all these stars are hiding assetts off-shore, which is possible)

Perhaps he transferred his earnings to his parents along the way, to protect his assets...?

- Or maybe he was shitty with money.
    Delonte West blew threw 16 million.

- Or maybe he invested in a deal/s that ruined him financially. That is very common, or managers that rip them off.

- Or, despite receiving medical coverage through SAG, he may have privately paid for expensive experimental treatments not yet approved by the FDA. (Or traveled overseas for them, like Farah Fawcett did to beat her anal cancer, procedures and expenses which aren't covered by Insurances).

Clearly he was a very private man so we wouldn't have known otherwise (before his death), and now we won't fully until or unless the Probate Court hears his case if it's challenged.

End of the day, no Will is awful procedure for a sick man with exceptional access to accountants, financial advisors and lawyers.

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Not really. He was still under contract for five movies and BP2 would have been #5. He may have already agreed to a price when signing that contract.

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Depends on your status and depends on the shows and the movies you are making. Diggs was barely even B list at his movie career peak.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I didn't know about the 5 picture deal, but my point is still valid because at the end of his contract he was virtually guaranteed to re-up for a lot more money just like Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans did.

6. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah he was on his Rookie Contract so to speak and would have got his Max and if lucky a Supermax for his third contract ala RDJ.

But yeah TV is far more lucrative then movies not even counting Royalties. You get paid well per episode which is part of the reason TV shows drag on forever lol and why Netflix cancels like everything in 2 or 3 seasons lol.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

His final Movie...

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Was talking to a friend who has zero connection to Boseman and has no knowledge of his situation. But, he does help manage a huge classic rock act and knows a thing or two about handling that kind of money for a famous person. In his guestimation, there is no way he was worth less than $10 million. And that's on the low side. He agrees that he likely had money put in trusts and corporations.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

CHADWICK BOSEMAN
    SIGNED 'BLACK PANTHER' COMIC
    Could Fetch Up to $25k

TMZ.com

'The late Chadwick Boseman put his John Hancock on a copy of the first "Black Panther" comic -- which has skyrocketed in value, and is primed to fetch a pretty penny at auction.

Nate D. Sanders Auctions is putting the rare autographed book up for grabs on Oct. 29, with the opening bid starting at $8,000 -- but it's expected, we're told, to reach anywhere in the ballpark of $25k when it's all said and done.

The reason ... other than Chadwick's signature, Stan Lee himself signed this variant of 'BP' #1, not to mention 'Black Panther' director Ryan Coogler.

So there's a trifecta thing happening here -- and with Chadwick's recent passing, and Stan's in 2018 ... the comic is worth even more now.

[​IMG]

The one for sale is the Middle East Comic-Con variant -- which got its own art whipped up and featured Stan next to T'Challa. For those of you in the know ... It's been certified a 9.8 rating with the CGC Signature Series rating system. That means it's REALLY valuable.'

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Kevin Boseman, (48) brother of the late actor Chadwick Boseman ..has revealed that he is two years in remission from his own cancer battle.

[​IMG]

Kevin wrote on his Instagram page -

“Today marks my official two-year remission. I'm in remission!!!!! You read right. I am in remission.
    I was diagnosed with cancer in 2018 and underwent four rounds of chemotherapy.

I wanted to share because while it’s been a year of profound loss and tragedy for so many of us, this is good news. Something to smile about. Something to shout about.
    I hope you’re smiling and shouting with me.

Cancer is something most of us have no control over. We can only control our responses to it, which includes being proactive about our healthcare both physically and [mentally]. Tomorrow is not promised and early detection saves lives. Health is wealth. True wealth.”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

‘Chad and Not Chadwick’: How the Bosemans Remember a Superstar

[​IMG]

To his brothers and his hometown in Anderson, S.C., the “Black Panther” actor, who died in August at age 43, was a friend who tried his best. “His best was incredible,” his brother Kevin said...

[​IMG]

Kevin talked about his last moments with the actor during a conversation with brother Pastor Derrick Boseman earlier this month.

'Man, I’m in the fourth quarter and I need you to get me out of the game,' Derrick recalled Chadwick saying. 'When he told me that, I changed my prayer from, "God, heal him, God, save him," to "God, let your will be done." And the next day, he passed away.'

'A lot of people think making it means becoming an A-list movie star. I didn’t force that. I just knew that if Chad wanted to work in the arts, he would find a way and take care of himself..."

[​IMG]

(Chad in green)

Article....
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/...carolina-anderson.html?searchResultPosition=1

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • List
  12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

BLACK PANTHER Star Chadwick Boseman Will Receive A Posthumous Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame Next Year.

[​IMG]

Following the beloved actor's death in 2020, it's been confirmed today that Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman will finally receive his very own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year.

The actor, also known for his work in movies like Da 5 Bloods, 21 Bridges, and Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, died in 2020 after a lengthy battle with cancer. His illness was kept private until his death in August of that year, leaving the actor's fans shocked he'd seemingly passed so suddenly.

We've since learned he never stopped fighting, of course, even shooting a number of Marvel movies while fighting the disease. His final MCU performance was as Star-Lord in Disney+'s What If...?

Boseman actually received a posthumous Emmy for "Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance" for his work in that show. As for his star on the Walk of Fame, he's going to be part of the motion picture category.

• Like Like x 6
    • List
  13. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Never forgotten.