Roseanne canceled

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by archangel, May 29, 2018.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

FYI..here is a story from 2012...
    Not only was she a powerful influence in the Obama decision on getting Osama, they too also reference she looks more white than Black...

AUGUST 14, 2012
    Obama's Strange Dependence on Valerie Jarrett
    By Karin McQuillan
    President Obama canceled the operation to kill Osama bin Laden three times before saying yes, because he got cold feet about the possible political harm to himself if the mission failed. Instead of listening to advisors from the U.S. military, Defense, or even State, Obama was acting on the advice of White House politico and close friend Valerie Jarrett. Valerie Jarrett?

This account comes from Richard Miniter's upcoming book Leading From Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors who Decide for Him.

Miniter has written a half-dozen books on the war on terror. He is relying on an unnamed source within the U.S. military Joint Special Operations Command who was directly involved in the operation and planning of the Osama bin Laden kill mission.

Is the story credible? According to Edward Klein, a reporter once asked Obama if he ran every decision by Jarrett. Obama answered, "Yep. Absolutely."

Edward Klein, former foreign editor ofNewsweek and editor of the New York Times Magazine for many years, describes Jarrett as "ground zero in the Obama operation, the first couple's friend and consigliere." Klein -- who claims he used a minimum of two sources for each assertion in his book on the Obama presidency, The Amateur -- writes in detail about Jarrett opposing the raid on bin Laden. She told Obama not to take the political risk.

Klein thought Obama ignored Jarrett's advice. Miniter tells us he listened to her, three times telling Special Operations not to take the risk to go after bin Laden.

We need to understand the role Valerie Jarrett plays in Obama's private and political life.

"If it wasn't for Valerie Jarrett, there'd be no Barack Obama to complain about," starts Klein's chapter on Jarrett. He quotes Michelle Obama on Jarrett's influence over her husband: "She knows the buttons, the soft spots, the history, the context."

No one outside Michelle has the access or power over Obama's decision-making like Jarrett does.

Here's an odd little fact that gives some insight into what kind of president Obama is: Michelle, Michelle's mother, and Valerie, and only a few others in Washington, are allowed to call Barack by his first name. After work, Jarrett joins Obama at night in the Family Quarters, where she dines often with the First Family. She goes on vacation with them.

Valerie Jarrett reflects Obama in many ways. Like himself, Valerie looks more white than black.

[​IMG]
    Her mother had three white grandparents, and her father was black. Like Obama, she lived in the Muslim world for part of her childhood, when her father practiced medicine in Iran. Like Obama, she is a committed leftist....

(
    AB...

She apparently pushed for Obamacare...
    And he sounds no different than recites of Trump that you like to attack..)

Obama relies on Jarrett to create the White House bubble he likes to live in, where his narcissism is stroked and his desire to do the big, left-wing thing is encouraged. Jarrett is the doorman. She runs access to the president. As Klein puts it, she guards him from meeting with "critics and complainers who might deflate his ego." No one gets past Jarrett who has an incompatible point of view.

More..
    https://www.americanthinker.com

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

EXACTLY
    That is universally reserved for black folk

3. The Dark King

Oh do I really? Can you point to what you're talking about?

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! She may not have known Valerie's ethnicity, but It'll clear that she's a person of color, hence the ape insult.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Sure she would.
    Monkey is used a lot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. The Dark King

Bliss why are you here again?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  7. K

K Well-Known Member

Because you, and a few others continue to engage.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

TDK, why are you here again?

9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Of course shes going to look whiter in a done up glamour shot with proper lighting. And that one article doesn't say anything about what is going on in Roseanne's head.

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Nowhere near as often as it's used to describe blacks, but you're right it is used a lot. But until I have receipts about her comparing anyone white to an ape or monkey, I still stand by my statement.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Honest question...did you know she was black? Had you ever seen her close up. Did you even know what she looked like? I did not.

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I hadn't even seen her until I looked her up after the tweets came out. First thing that crossed my mind when I saw the pics was mixed or light skinned. There were a few pics where she looked more white, such as the pic in that article you posted, but the majority of the pics I saw had her with a more ethnic look. And given how closely Roseanne followed her, I she should've known that as well.

13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I don't really count the photos where it's a professional shoot or some red carpet type event where there is an insane amount of lighting and/or editing. They can make people with my skin tone damn near look like lionel Ritchie.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And that's fair enough. At least you have reserved a small window to be open to otherwise.

I grew up in a "white" environment and we used the word monkey, "you big ape", my dad would yell at my brothers to stop acting like gorillas... It's not unheard of nor is it unnatural of humans to use it as an expression. Just like we do @ that Dog. That jackass, built like an ox, built like a gorilla..

Of course I totally understand the racial history here with the word and indeed it's very different, but understand, WP all over this world have been calling each other (WP) monkeys for eaons.

Roesanne hired Wanda as her producer, she has never been known to be a racist, if she was it would have come out after 30 years l think, as much as she babbles.
    I really think she thought she was iranian. (I think she looks Egyptian)..People think l'm Hispanic.

Again...l do understand your outrage and l'd be right there with you if it comes out she knew she was black.

15. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Don't feed the trolls.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. I just always assumed she was (Black) because she was that tight with The Obamas...Once l saw her after the tweet, l knew she was light-skinned, but l could see someone who is not as keened eyed might not pick up on her features.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Because you guys apparently don't want her to leave.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Someone explain to me the point of this post again??

Jesus Christ.

You are totally clueless and with each subsequent post you become more offensive.

19. andreboba

Obama was in office for EIGHT YEARS. Hell fucking yes most people knew she was Black. How could you not??

If she was of Middle Eastern or Persian descent, Limbaugh and Faux News would have reminded us every single fucking day.

20. andreboba

When WP and Euros call Black people 'apes' and 'monkeys', they mean something totally different and you KNOW that.

There are Black soccer players in Europe who don't want to play in Italy and Spain because of the monkey taunts they receive from fans.

Why is it that ONLY the Black players have to suffer this insult in FIFA??

Seriously, WTF is your agenda???

I don't care how Jewish Roseanne is, as if that means she can't be racist.
    Roseanne's friends are abandoning her because she has a track record for talking this kind of BS, and every time they gave her a pass.

She's not getting one this time.