Sanctuary Cities and Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Blacktiger2005, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I never saw the whole thing personally, but it sounds like he was taking a pot-shot at McCain in response to his pot-shot at him, yeah?

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Thanks.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

He questioned whether he should be consideted a hero because he got captured by the enemy. Then he went on and said "i dont like THOSE who get captured"

So not only he slammed mccain but every pow .

Prisoner of war.

Most people consider vets peace time or war heroes cause they vow to die so u can maintain your freedom.

There are less than 1% if america serving in the military now.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  4. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

I beg to differ..... P.O.W is the acronym for Prisoner Of War....a combatant who has been captured and made a prisoner in enemy custody.....A War hero is a military combatant recognized for his valor, bravery and heroics in perhaps saving a platoon etc......There is a difference regarding how much you have engaged the enemy in the theater of battle....for example Bowe Bergdahl although a P.O.W is NOT a war hero..

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Im going to let everyone soak that in for a sec.

So are u saying all those military people captured during war arent heroes?

So what are they?
    Like trump you dont like them?
    So when i group of men fight to kerp their position or achieve an objective are they heroes?

Are soldiers who die in action arent heroes?

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They are all heroes to me, EXCEPT, those that dishonor the uniform.

Also, how do you feel about Frankel?
    "I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don't buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I'm concerned he sat out the war,"
    - Al Franken, (D) Minnesota, to Salon for a 2000 article about the stakes of that year's presidential election.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

And that was bs too , along with the swiftboat thing too.

They are to be held accountable

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Waiting on arch on this one.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well GL. when Archman suggested that McCain was moderate In his advocacy for the military, l was shocked, but curious .....and came across this investigation ...
    There are POW families that do not like McCain andd this Report explains why...

McCain and the POW Cover Up..
    The 'war hero' buried information about POWs left behind in Vietnam
    http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/07/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Like i told arch before ....u dont have to like his politics but respect his service. Kerry came to his defense.

I didnt vote for mccain. I differ with him on many issues but i be damned question his service.

Also read arch statement on who is a hero

Also arch nor trump even brought that up . If they did it still doesnt matter because it has nothing to do what he did on the battlefield.

Do u understand?

Also explain the statement i keep asking arch to explain. Arch keep avoiding that over and over.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

since arch is avoiding it...

Explain the statement....

"I dont like those who got captured"

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You are right , Arch....thanks for the clarification..
    It appears the purple heart is for those who have been injured (no self injury).

The Medal of Honor or Valor is for bravery/Heroism, etc..
    I just looked up McCain's Medal distinctions, and he received, among others, The Purple Heart with one star, And the Prisoner of War Medal. He did not receive the Medal of Valor, however.
    Thus, there indeed is a distinction in the Military between the two, even if in the general public's eye, there is none.

13. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

l already did give my opinion. Why are you asking me again? I believe he did as well?

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

So answer the question......

Explain the statement i keep asking u guys.

Why you guys keep avoiding that

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Where i didnt see it

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You even replied to it in post 403. You are repeating yourself (not the first time).
    Maybe take a break from the thread and refresh?

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Medal of valor discusses the level of the act . U can drag your wounded buddy from a crosd fire and that is an act of being a hero but u will not get an award for it. Its your job.....but you are a hero.

U need to read ehst it takes yo fet it and how many got it before u disqualify every other soldier., marine , sailor or airmen.

19. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Excellent research as usual
    Ms.Bliss.....but this will not improve the mans perspective......You see, it is not so such that he is defending of McCain,... instead he is frothing at the mouth with hatred for Trump and those who won't see fit to denounce Trump.....Again, the remark about McCain's capture was intended to defame and insult McCain.....He won't see that, because he don't want to see that....He wants to fight an opponent who is out of his reach........

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

U asked a question. Im asking u to explain what does it mean to say " i dont like those who got captured"