Sanctuary Cities and Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Blacktiger2005, Jul 10, 2015.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Sorry young man, lol. Check out Chomsky v Buckley on YouTube. I'm old enough to actually remember Buckley from his show Firing Line. Disagreed with him completely, but at least he let intellect drive his debate.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I am beginning to see we do get the leaders we deserve especially in a country like this where people actually get to choose their leaders. These type of stupidity couldn't exist without so many of us not only allowing it but encouraging it. We chose the easy way and now it's left us with this shit show

3. orejon4

Makes me wonder if people are going to get buyer's remorse one day...

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Don't understand what yall got against trump when he embodies everything it is to be american.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This is sadly true

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Loud. Ignorant. Racist. Rich. And that's his good qualities.....

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

And that doesn't describe all or even most Americans.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

True, but sadly that's the image of Americans that comes to mind for many people, primarily minorities and individuals from other countries. It doesn't help that Trump and others of like mind see those qualities as not only strengths but should be the norm for all "Real Americans".

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Trump is the stereotypical 'ugly American', he's not most Americans.

Eventually his supporters are going to get sick of the fact that he talks about HIMSELF almost non-stop and rarely discusses policy issues or the future of the country.

No offense, but the GOP base seems to be populated by a disproportionate percentage of knuckle draggers.

They seem to fall in love with candidates who have no business being within 1000 feet of the Oval Office.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I found it hilarious that he began his first debate comment with, "I wrote the Art of the Deal"...

11. orejon4

I wonder...do you guys think he's representative of a plurality of people in the US? Maybe 40%? Maybe most don't agree, but there has to be a reason why a significantly-sized group likes what he is saying.