Sanctuary Cities and Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Blacktiger2005, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Just like your private home and your body, a country has to protect itself from invaders, terrorists, criminals, and scammers. You cannot build nor maintain a great nation with any of those. It's' Imperative a country weeds them out. The United States did a wonderful job of that -- their reputation was impeccable -- you could not just walk into this country without proving you are worthy ( political refugees aside).

Look around the world, countries that protect their borders to a reasonable extent enjoy prosperity and greatness. Those that do not and have porous borders suffer negatively in numerous ways, naturally.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

No one is saying you shouldnt protect the borders but lets ve hinest...we know why it isnt being protected. Its called cheap labor. Who is at dault for that?

The amount of illegals entering is at its lowest level since the 70s. Not saying much but true.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

To a point...i dont. I got other things to worry about.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

While very true about the backbone of this country being built on slave and low wage labor, that was at a time when this country was essentially barren, and/or low-populated. We're no longer building this country, what's happening is it's being rebuilt..or in President Obama's campaign promising words, "transform". Did this country really need transformation or merely tweaks?

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Where are you getting your numbers that it's the lowest amount since the 70's?

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

The United States never did a wonderful job at that. Many people came over here by boat and never proved a thing. In fact, the saying is

The reality is that the laws have changed from back then to now. Most of the changes have been on either racist or bigoted nature.

I understand that there is a fight for resources. I agree with that but I don't want to walk into propaganda.
    Short and simple, People need a job to survive and illegal immigrants undercut their prospects of doing that. That's why they either have to go or should be legalized like Reagan did back in the day. Both manners help out but it is unlikely people are going to round up over a million people and ship them back without pissing off citizens.
    all of the other resources can be stopped by states. They choose not to for some reason.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

The news

8. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

To have porous borders and sanctuary cities is pure madness and cannot be defended using logic.

The immigration debate, until now, has been the most dishonest debate in the country with most of the people in power in govt. and news networks pushing for it.

The debate has gone as follows-

Pros of illegal immigration-- Cheaper fruit and vegetables. Dreamers and potential college students crossing the border. Hard working. Take care of their families. Do jobs Americans won't. Hard working. Enriching the culture. Nice folks. Did I mention they are hard working?

Now for the cons--- Well there are none you anti immigrant racist!!! How dare you attack these hard working immigrants who pick your food.

(Audience boos and hisses at the Nazi asshole who dares suggest we enforce our immigration laws.)

Trump did the unthinkable. He actually presented the other side of the debate. He showed that illegal immigration isn't just dreamers, rainbows and cotton candy. There is actually a COST to having an unsecure border along with sanctuary cities. Especially when the country is FUCKING BROKE.

This is why reporters and pro illegal/open border supporters are going ape-shit over Trump bringing this up and also why Trump is resonating with so many Americans. Yes Trump can have a very abrupt and rude manner of speaking at times, but it wouldn't have mattered how he worded it. You are NOT allowed to bring up the "con" side of the argument when it comes to this topic. It doesn't matter how nicely you do it. It doesn't matter how specific you are in terms of illegals. It doesn't matter if you're half Mexican and half Peruvian. It doesn't matter if you have nothing but glowing things to say all day about Latinos. It doesn't matter if you adopt 37 South American homeless kids. If you say "hey, maybe we should secure our border and enforce our laws." You WILL be accused of hating immigrants and shouted down.

Any debate that doesn't weigh both sides isn't a real debate. It's simply pushing an agenda while trying to give the illusion of real discussion.

Finally the media is being properly called on it.

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

You should care....soon your Country will be theirs.

10. flaminghetero

:smt038:smt038:smt038

11. flaminghetero

Mexico sure as hell ain't got a porous border.

The American Labor Movement has been sacrificed on the greasy alter of illegal immigration.

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

The country has over 308 million people. You really think that low of this country.

any how all I can say is

[​IMG]

13. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Very well said!

Reps coming your way.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...trump has nt presented any new arguments about the border....hes a "canidate" that said they are killers and rapists....but as he said it..."but mexico love me"

15. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

I actually watched the entire speech from start to finish to get complete context. It was obvious that he was not talking about all Mexicans.

16. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

Appreciate it brah. :smt023

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Of course......because they love him. Hes been dealing with china and they love him.

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Hey i wonder if those P.I.'s he hired provided the evidence obama is not a natural citizen.....but obama loves him

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Great summation, Shaft. I'm not a Trump fan either, in fact l wished a respected politician had tackled this issue, however it dawned on me that he is probably the only person who can actually speak what others won't. Who else could say something like that and bear the political brunt of it.

One on the common deflections used is cross-referencing the good people who migrated to this country - knowing good and we'll no one is talking about good people who respect this country's laws, and apply, and pay their dues and their fees, and can prove they are of good moral character and not a criminal, absolutely they deserve an opportunity to make a life in this country if this country allows that.

It is concerning that there can be no debate or discussion by Americans in their own country, on something that affects so many people - literally - as to whether they can be employed themselves or not, or get a place to live or not, or get places in education, or not. Our resources are not infinite.
    Why no one is allowed to discuss this, let alone a criminal element that is basically ignored in any discussion, because it means that you are naturally referring to the good people, too ( which is absolute bullcrap).. it's baffling.

20. flaminghetero

We've been sold out.

Notice the fact about mexico, being one of the wealthiest nations on earth,is never mentioned.