Sexual Harassment/Assault Scandals

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Who knew? What are people smoking? :oops:

Pharrell Addresses 'Blurred Lines' Controversy: 'I Get It'

[​IMG]

Pharrell Williams sat down for a GQ interview where he addressed the song "Blurred Lines," which sparked controversy after it was accused of endorsing rape.

"I didn't get it at first. Because there were older white women who, when that song came on, they would behave in some of the most surprising ways ever.."

"And I would be like, wow. They would have me blushing. So when there started to be an issue with it, lyrically, I was, like, 'What are you talking about?' There are women who really like the song and connect to the energy that just gets you up. And I know you want it — women sing those kinds of lyrics all the time. So it's like, What's rapey about that?"

The "Happy" star continued: "It doesn't matter that that's not my behavior. Or the way I think about things. It just matters how it affects women," he explained. "And I was like, 'Got it. I get it. Cool.' My mind opened up to what was actually being said in the song and how it could make someone feel. Even though it wasn't the majority, it didn't matter. I cared what they were feeling too. I realized that we live in a chauvinist culture in our country. Hadn't realized that. Didn't realize that some of my songs catered to that."

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Ohh wow
    BREAKING NEWS: Harvey Weinstein is found guilty on two of five counts in New York rape trial

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/harvey-weinstein-verdict/index.html

• Count one: Predatory sexual assault — NOT GUILTY
    • Count two: Criminal sexual act against Miriam Haley — GUILTY
    • Count three: Predatory sexual assault — NOT GUILTY
    • Count four: Rape in the first degree against Jessica Mann — NOT GUILTY
    • Count five: Rape in the third degree — GUILTY
    "There are two guilty convictions here. Count two, criminal sexual act in the first degree, which carries a sentence of five to 25 years in prison, and count five, which is rape in the third degree, which can be probation or up to four years in prison."

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

HBO MAX just dropped their dramatic trailer for their alleged sexual misconduct Documentary against Russell Simmons...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member