"she's not hip hop" says hip hop star

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Rap is about telling a story, yours or someone else's. I don't get why Iggy feels it's necessary to impersonate or mimic the genre when she doesnt talk like that. Why cant she just tell her stories lyrically, naturally-speaking? Its not unlike if a westerner was presenting Bollywood songs by using an indian accent.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah.cant disagree. I heard some things about her life..radio stations talked about her... getting back to your point that would be the same for a lot of gang-stars in rap. Its a bunch of em.

They arent suppose to fake their lif now she has been living in america on her own since 16.....living in the south and bounced around.

Again...i gave listen to the whole album.

I believe they are mad at her for other reasons t

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

To me most rappers are just dance music type stuff. U know like whoop there it is and it takes two.....just dance and have fun. Thats how i look at her...nothing deep

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Why you be hatin' tho? Stop being mad because she's white.......:p

Seriously however, glad that you get where some who are saying she isn't Hip Hop are coming from. Honest critique is lost on some people now a days it seems.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You are really weird sometimes fam. When black dudes say the same exact thing they're hating but when a ww says it you can't disagree? Truly odd

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I totally support your gist throughout this topic Ra, I had actually written a reply to your on-point earlier comment about underground/independent hip-hop, but this dang samsung phone lost it! Ugh... anyway I was basically adding to it..and wil do al re-do on my lappy.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

As far as speech...whatever...aaron hall during his days with guy had a speech problem ...it didnt show up singing or mell tillis he was the same. You have people from the uk with no accent while singing.
    So for me whatever.

On the other hand sounding like a black girl from the south...funny but who gives a fuck.

Is she lyrical...shes ok...shes no mc lyte or queen latifah....shes just club music.

I look sided eyed at some of her detractors. Especially when you hear the phrase "our music that we invented" (kool herc says "what you mean we").

Honest critique...

Another honest critique....since the 90's early 2000s rap had nothing to say nor any real creativity.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

You need to go back and read. Also for a person who love to point out black plight and talk history ...you get mad when i talk history of rap....double std

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Everyones having cool convo and somebody wants to fuck shit up

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Did you just compare Aaron Hall to Iggy impersonnating southern rapping? :smt043.

Cmon man, one had an impediment that disappeared when singing, the other is just straight faked.
    I agree rap belongs to those who love it, race neutral, however if youre going to distinctly classify yourself as the 'new CLASSIC', then give respect where its due and stop fronting that you are the hip hop shit when really your songs are nothing without 2 incredibly catchy choruses sung by two others.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Just ignore the whiney gnome.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Difference between them & you is as you just said in another post, Hip Hop is just dance type stuff to you and not that deep for you. Her so called detractors are people who are about Hip Hop culture, especially someone like Kool Herc who is considered a pioneer. Kind of hard to sit quiet when you see someone making a mockery (from his POV) of something you help to build up.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...u right.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Wasnt kool herc complaining it was rah not sure about kool. However hes been dissing mofos long before iggy came along. So really the only one who can complain is herc since he invented i
    It and hes been consistant on his principles.

If i remember he did like sugar hill....not sure tho.

I think u were talking melle mel...he was just talking rap today. Nothing bout iggy...he could have but i havent heard

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol...thats cold. Slam
    I should also added the spice girls...u woyld not hear accent when they sing but it was thick as peanut butter when they talked.

It always facinated me how that happens.

16. The Dark King

Just calling out clear double standards.

17. The Dark King

And if I said this about you you'd report it in a flash. Shouldn't you be appreciating "your" curves somewhere.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Of course Im right. When it's not defending murderous and robbing criminals and blaming whitey for it, its pissing on WW. Its reason for pissing on Iggy is not the same reason I or others on this thread who dont like her approach, are.I see thru it.

19. The Dark King

Bliss, it? Really? Do you have any clue how dehumanizing and flat out racist it is to refer to any person especially someone black as it?
    This is exactly the kind of shit I am referring to when I say you are fucking racist.
    And I piss on ww? You have absolutely nothing to back them up with. Oldest tactics of a racist, distract and twist words around to support your hateful agenda.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter WHO was "dissing" any of the current group of rappers out now. If they came into the Hip Hop game and help build it up on some level no matter how big or small, let them say what they want about up & comers. Seriously? You think Iggy Azalea is not going to have something to"diss" about any of new artists to coming through after her once her time in the spot light is done? Please..........