"she's not hip hop" says hip hop star

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by goodlove, Sep 28, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]QxfsC_S4FtU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

melissa harris perry and other commentars who are in the industry discuss whites in hip hop. i saw a little yesterday.

looked it up today. havent listened to yet but here u go.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

There goes the neighborhood

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Cool video very interesting

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know this year's Grammys are over and done with but still something to make you go "hmmm" in regards to them if you didn't already know.

[YOUTUBE]G2A_HJ4X55g[/YOUTUBE]

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn this is so real but if you question this shit some how you're looking for problems.... unless you're white then it's searching for the truth lol

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Fuck the Grammys

There's a reason minority award shows exist in this country

You think Macklemore would win at the BET awards? Oh wait....I think he did :smt103

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The black award shows aren't any better IMO. Only difference is they are just giving out more awards to black folks. And just like the Grammys many of the people getting awards & honors may not actually deserve to be getting them.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

A synopsis of things that went down in December regarding Iggy Azalea and rapper Azealia Banks.

[YOUTUBE]dd553jonI0o[/YOUTUBE]

9. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

How about fuck award shows, period.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The BEST award show I saw on tv was The Saturn Awards, an award show for sci-fi, horror and fantasy. The first time I saw it was back in 1977. William Shatner hosted. It was on this show William Shatner performed a rendition of Elton John's classic song Rocket Man. He didn't sing the song. He performed it by acting it out. It was inspiring. An episode of Family Guy featured Stewie doing that same performance that Shatner did. The last time I saw the Saturn Awards was in the 90's when comedian Sam Kinnison presented. He talked about the film Lifeforce and he described Mathilda May's space vampire. He then asked, "You wanna know who else sucks? Divorce attorneys!" Award shows these days are not about the celebration of the medium, but the celebration of someone's brand.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

its not even relevant to me. i stopped watching since hammer and rarely watched before that.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

April 2014 Chuck D Interview.

[YOUTUBE]5hrT3oaV0zM[/YOUTUBE]

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Si-Qn0FG2dQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gWqsuuWjQHE[/YOUTUBE]