Should a woman fix her man's plate first or her children's?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Jul 21, 2015.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Not the same. One is something the woman wants to do because she is caring for her man. The other is something the black man is doing because he may have to.

If we're going to compare sexism with racism we should use more apt examples.

2. Persephone

Persephone New Member

The real question is: who is there first? My babe will fix me a plate just as soon as I would him, it just depends who got the jump on the food.

If my niece and nephew are around I feed them first, cause they don't eat shit except mashed potatoes and bread. There's not much easier than making a plate of mashed potatoes and bread.

3. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Is this a real thread?

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol
    Lol

Ok.

Why would you ask that?

5. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I hadn't posted in it yet because I was wondering the same thing. LOL.

I don't want someone else fixing my plate because only I know what I want and how much of it I want. Also, I have a weird thing about my food touching, so I really want to be in control of how my plate is arranged. LOL.

I'm with the ones who say adults can serve themselves and young kids need their plates made for them, but as they get older, they need to start learning to handle that stuff themselves, IMHO.

6. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

I really dont mind getting my own food but in the strict sense of the thread i think she should fix mine first. Kids needs to know who is the head "brother" in charge in the house so they dont think "look at this punk i get served before him' and start talking smack which would end up with a smack on their head(the boys only, i love ma princess too much to even be angry with her):cool:

7. K8tie

K8tie New Member

I hear you!!!

8. chocolatecream4u

chocolatecream4u Well-Known Member

Children should eat first,and also the elderly should eat over all.

9. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

hahaha girls get away with everything! My daughter has her daddy wrapped around her little finger! Same as our son has me lol. Baby boys are PRECIOUS! Girls though...I see right through em :D

10. samson1701

I told my girl about this thread. She feels like as long as there isn't a shortage of food or something like that, then serve the man first. He's the head of the houseold and he's probably been working hard all day. He deserves to be plated first. Kids are kids. They'll get their food next. As Appiah said, it sends a message to the kids about respect and appreciation.

Now, if there is a shortage of food, she feels that the kids should, not only be served first, but should eat first then the adults can eat what's left over. Worse cones to worse, an adult can fend for his or her selves or go hungry if need be. Kids shouldn't have to.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Me....dad gets served last. But he gets the biggest helping of everything.

12. samson1701

Wow ... someone gave me an anonymous negative rep for this along with the message, " sounds like you have her wrapped around your finger."

This place never ceases to amaze me....lol

But, to who ever wrote this, yes ... as a matter of fact ... yes I do. And she has me wrapped around hers. As it should be, coward.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol....amazing huh?

14. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Regardless of this being a thread posted to store and in jest; I don't understand the whole plating thing.

I was raised in a household that when we had dinner together the food was put on the table, and everybody made their own plate. If we had people over for dinner, my mother would serve, but she would start with the guests. I do the same thing.

15. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Dammit Samson, Misery loves company and your happiness is ruining it for some :rolleyes: Shame on you AND your happy IR ;)

16. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

I empathize.

Retreat to the music room ...

Love you fam

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol.

People got mad at jesus. What do u expect?

18. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Same here. As soon as we were old enough to make our own plates, we made our own plates.

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with you and appiah, what kind of spoiled ass rotten kids were y'all where you got the impression to disrespect yo pops over a plate of food lol. That's weird as fuck to me. To me, it sounds like you guys just want to be the center of attention.

Even tho I don't agree with y'all stance, fucking ridiculous some lame ass Cornball would neg you over that. This is the most peaceful the forums been for a long ads time now, of course some lame wants to ruin that.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

........but thats none of my business