Should a woman fix her man's plate first or her children's?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Jul 21, 2015.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

This.

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I think this is the best message to be taught at the table; don't expect to be waited on, take responsibility of your own plate, take as much as you think you are going to eat. And finish it. That was the point my mother tried to instill, you took it, so you are eating it, and you are taking your own plate away. Be responsible.

3. HarveyGent101

HarveyGent101 New Member

Well said!

4. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

so ya'll still use plates?

5. HarveyGent101

HarveyGent101 New Member

Children first. I wouldn't put pressure on my woman to fix something that I can fix myself.

6. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Recent observations at work with a young coworker who had his mother call in sick for him had me think about this thread again.
    It is important to teach children autonomy and self-realiance.

So just placing all bowls,pots and pans and have everyone choose their size of portion and fix their plate themselves sounds like the best option.

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think this is the best approach.

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

WTF is a plate?

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I grew up very old school. My mother fixed my dad's plate and mine. But, I was also taught responsibility through my chores. Fast forward till today and I'm perfectly able to cook and clean the kitchen. Often I'm better at it than the women I date. I was taught not to be a messy person and to be aprrciative of the woman who thinks enough of you to prepare and serve your meals.

Now, with all that said, I don't think I could seriously become involved with a woman who doesn't do those kinds of things. But, like I said earlier, I'm old school and my way of thinking is dying out. Whether that's a good or a bad thing remains to be seen. So, I think It's best left to whatever works for that couple.

10. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

You saying if a woman is not prepared to cook for you and serve your meal you aint fucking with her? I advise you to look for an Asian woman born and raised in Asia then :cool:

11. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Some white women still enjoy those old fashioned roles lol. During the day I'm a business woman making every dollar I'm capable of getting but the moment I walk in our front door...I'm there to serve my guy. He's without question the king of our castle and is treated as such. No reason for Samson to settle when the women like he describe do still exist.

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

He mentions that in many cases he was able to cook and serve meals better than his exes. So, I don't think he is requesting anything one-sided. I think he is generally expecting the woman to be capable of doing what he can do. At least that is what I got out of it. If that is what he was implying then I think everything he said is spot on.

In regards to my opinion, I don't have children nor do I want any. So, I can make a plate if she cooks or she can make a plate for herself if I cook. I just prefer to serve the meal because I am proud of what I cooked/baked, and I believe it is nice to pamper your guest/partner. I also feel that it is nice when a woman does that for me too.

As far as Asian women are concerned, it is a stereotype, but I think believe it depends on the values of the person. You could easily go to plenty of other countries that maintain traditional ways and find a woman who will reciprocate what you do for her.

I will say one thing that amazes me about some of the women I have dated in the past. I know about different fabric, how to wash them, what needs dry cleaned, and so on. I don't expect all of that, but I have dated some who could barely use a washing machine. And some who have just ordered food or microwaved it. It amazes me when people, regardless of gender, can't do basic tasks to take care of themselves and feed themselves. WTHeck?

13. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Children first???:rolleyes:

Fuck that shit all the way to hell.

Nobody is talking about putting pressure on a woman...just a simple gesture of appreciation.

14. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:smt055

15. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

I have two hands and one child. I think serving both at the the same time is totally in my capacity. But if i had a tribe of kids they'd come first.

16. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

On special occasions

It's nice to have a woman fix your plate, but I'm far from being traditional. I would say that I spend more time in the kitchen than most of the women I've dated. Additionally, I don't want to feel obligated to eat too much food. However, during holidays or social gatherings, it's a big plus/kudos if a woman does it.

I was raised in a family where you didn't start to eat until the man of the house sat at the table and thanks was given to God before eating took place by anyone...so it was not important which plate hit the table first.

It doesn't make a difference whether I get my plate first on not. I haven't been in that type of relationship where I had fathered kids with a woman and sat down to family meals. I'm more than likely joining her family and children so she does what she deems suitable.

It seems modern women most times want the benefits given to a traditional woman...but they don't want to do the work or put forward the effort of a tradition woman in regards to taking care of their man - IJS...

17. K

K Well-Known Member

It depends on the situation:

If it's a birthday, the birthday person is served first.

If there is a guest, they are served first.

If there is an elder, they are served first.

If there is someone disabled/needs help, they go first.

As far as if children go first - that depends on ages.

If it's a typical sit down dinner with family, I offer to do the man's plate first.

If it's a buffet then I offer the man to go through first.

The bottom line is - I'm going last. I want to make sure all my peeps are taken care of first.

18. male lion always eats first