Should I give up on Ukraine..what about the other slavic countries?

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by Bhayes, Mar 8, 2013.

1. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Desperate?
    Thirsty?
    Desperate and thirsty?

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Go out there to do what? Like I said I really didn't comment in this thread until people started making fun of the idea of looking outside this country for a mate. As if you can't find a suitable person in your own backyard there's something wrong with you. Like I said before a lot of the men I thoroughly respect on here have a hard time with finding suitable American women and these dudes are good looking cultured educated and professional and still feel they have better chances with foreign women. So is it really about self reflection and a willingness to "go out there" or is there something a little deeper going. Like I said for you as an individual you have no hang ups about race nor are you trying to prove anything or appease anyone. But for the vast majority of American culture you're black first and a person second. Its very unfortunate and unfair but it is what it is. Its the reason you'll never see a black dude on the bachelorette, the same reason People Magazine almost always picks a white dude for cover of best looking male and why when mainstream Americans talk about good looking black men they usually only list Denze and Will Smith. Two dudes way past their prime as if no other bm exist but have a laundry list of wm ranging from their 20s to their 50s. I'm not pointing it out to be insulting or annoying but to highlight a very tangible meme in this country where black men have very little value outside of sports and some forms of entertainment.

3. FG

FG Well-Known Member

And AGAIN, I tell you its not about looking for a mate abroad. How many times do i have to say that. This is the third time. I don't think other people making fun, did either. Its about something entirely different. And it is very clear. You are making it to something its not.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

After reading this thread, I had done a lot of thinking. What we have here are two realities. Both are honest and optimistic. And both are generalities based on one's individual experience. Speaking for myself, I have seen the state of relationships between men and women, It has become a sterile exercise of frustration and futility. I have suffered out there. I have been told that "she is out there." She is NOT out there for me here, or anywhere else on this planet. But, I am not afraid to spend the rest of my life alone.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

DING!!! This is what I and what I'm observing everyone else who is taking issues with the OP & this thread are knocking on. Not anything to do with finding someone as a significant other in another country. How or why you're trying to make that the issue when that's not what everyone seems to be seeing with this thread.........:smt017

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Who are you talking to, again?! :p

7. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

I've seen way too many an episodes of 48-Hours Hard Evidence, Deadly Sins, etc to ever consider this as an option. Call me paranoid...but to each his own. I don't judge. But there are more than enough quality women in the good old U.S of A (native and imports) for me. I'm with POTUS on this one...we should start levying HEAVY taxes for folks that take our business offshore, lmao. And make no mistake folks, marriage is a business. If it wasn't #1 you wouldn't need a certificate/license to do it #2 your spouse wouldn't be called your partner :smt023

8. The Dark King

It started when RL called the concept for seeking out women in other countries pathetic especially when there are women in cities closer by. I retorted then Ches jumped in then snowballed from there. Dude read the thread before trying to make me sound irrational. This topic has come up before and the usual concensus is to make fun of people who have a hard time find and/or attracting the women they want. I get where theyre coming from especially when you see lesser dudes with girls you want but wont give you attention solely cause your black. It may not be my problem but I see where theyre coming from. I wasnt advocating for the op just the concept of dudes exercising options elsewhere. Feel me?

9. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I did say it was pathetic...and desperate. The act of looking for a mate in another country is not my issue...it's the way the OP was going about it. It came off incredibly desperate and he seemed to lack self confidence. Whether your looking locally or abroad...those two traits will never help you. I couldn't care less if the OP wants to look for love in foreign countries...but if he doesn't change his approach he'll have the same luck there that he has here. That's my point, maybe I didn't make it clear initially.

10. The Dark King

Fair enough then we are all on the same page. The OP is desperate as fuck lol

11. JamahlSharif

You guys are brutal!

12. The Dark King

Its that NY swag you know how it is fam :cool:

13. JamahlSharif

Hey, if that's the road he or whomever wants to travel, more power to them. But it's just not for me...nope, not da kid :smt018

14. FRESH

FRESH New Member

Not saying I'm an English major or anything, despite the lack of grammar, punctuation and trollish feel of some of these post--just being honest, I think Bhayes and TDK have valid points.

I hear some of the women here say that they are open and women are open to them. Personally, how many open-minded women do you, will date outside of their race? If the answer is positive, I would say that it is by design, because you seek like minded people to share your experience with. I would bet that you haven't or don't meet a bunch of random people that happen to date interracially. I mean, we are here, we are among friends. I can't name place that is so welcoming to not only b&w couplings, but tolerant for the most part to all other races.

Let us layer on some other things. Generally speaking ww have it the best, IN this order; ww, wm, aw, am, bm, bw, Latin/Hispanic w then men. Every other race pretty much will date a ww. White males are close behind the women. Black women are on the bottom, not many other races beyond wm's want to date them (obviously their own as well). Black women are beat bm to the bottom, blacks are disliked by a lot of cultures, even the motherland doesn't relate to an aa.

By this general design, it's "harder" for a black male to succeed in the dating. world. BY what percent does all this equal out to, I don't know. But I've been told by enough women around the world that I'm attractive, I have never had a problem with seducing an aaw. But I have had draw backs with ww, even in the most ir friendly areas (I've been to most of the states, and all the metro cities, which happen to be a lot of the IR havens).

I am older and mature, rejection doesn't hurt my feelings & rejection by more ww than any other race doesn't hurt my feeling either. I like to think that I'm intelligent. I know that external factors such as geographical location, environment, upbringing and finances all play a part in dating. Some these factors or all of them, maybe even more, are important to people weather they are aware of it or not.

Money and connections never hurt my chances. I have found that a lot of, not only ww, but American women can see past financials--if they see some type of potential for future success a lot of times. Not saying the potential has to be ultra rich, but something has to quail their curiosity of you being able to take care of at least yourself (and them if need be or they want it from the get go lol). Women I have met in other countries generally don't place as much emphasis on finance, but I chalk that up to geo-environment, etc. again. Their pace and style of living usually takes less money to impress, I mean, the states, Britain, some Asian spots are hard to impress financially because that’s what we do, money. It's not just the direct money that helps me, it's the connections too. If I can save money because of a comp, I'm happy (She's happy LOL)

Lastly, I obviously lean toward TDK in my experience and explanations, but it is my personal experience, I stress personal. And moreover, I think i have a good amount of experience for a 30's dude, even for a well traveled, experienced 50's dude for that matter.

15. JamahlSharif

Your reality is whatever you perceive it to be. But your "ranking" is just as detrimental to the "race issue" in America as other more overt acts. I do however, respect your opinion as I would anyone's opinion. You're entitled to it.

16. The Dark King

Fam youre from NY just like me so you too come from a land of plenty scenario so it may be hard to see how tough it might be for a dude if he doesnt live a very liberal city. Not to mention the money thing is real. Not saying you gotta be able to afford a spot in soho but if you can your options open up pretty wide. Other parts of the world dont put such a high premium on money and status but then again you may jist have it like that so this whole thin i moot to you

17. The Dark King

Repped

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I've never been able to make these broad sweeping generalizations about women of any group. There's always an exception to any rule, in my humble opinion. I have had more difficulty dating women from the US than I have women abroad, and haven't found as many rapidly 'Americanizing' immigrant women as some. But then again, I also don't pursue the classic 'Americanized' women, even among 'Americans'. I'm assuming by the term you mean consumerist, plastic or superficial. The truth is that those characteristics aren't parceled out according to ethnicity/nationality, and you can find that type of person anywhere, in any country. You're not going to encounter, deep meaningful relationships in a nightclub. You want a woman that is different? Perhaps a lecture series, bookstore, coffee shop or cafè.

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

DK,Fresh,and G you said things in more beefy terms than I can say in a few words. Thanks for the spell check G. I saw that commericial many times last month and if you are a rich person he can get a Russian woman with a snap of a finger. There are a lot of expectations of brothers going to Russia and other Eastern European countries but,he can't come alone because homes can be hasseled not only from skinheads but, police who can also jack him. Some need some wingmen to cut the brush and have that woman. Until the mid 1960's a Black man can't date a WW in certain areas of the US and prohibited in major sports like the NFL and Colleges/Universities. He had to have money and a job. Even though it is now the 21st Century some things had not changed. I,on the other hand do not expect to date a WW who looks like a supermodel or one with curves in the right places. I don't want to be alone and just reading about it. I used the example of Black planet and seen on the member search on German women looking for brothers. A number is a large as say Canada or the UK. I like to know sometimes on what type of brother do they want? I can't read their minds but,they say no Africans the ones who may live in Germany for their version of the Green Card. If a brother knows more of the Russian culture,language,and attitude he can make it dating one or more during his visit but,don't expect instant love like a groupie in a music consert.

20. JamahlSharif

You know what, you're absolutely right.