Should Women Ask Men Out?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by K, Mar 30, 2015.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

lol - typical wwbm website thread.

I really haven't heard of anyone meeting online and having it work in a long time. Just hookups - no relationships.

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

Oh, Gem!!! Best post ever!!! :heart:

Somebody please rep her for me. I have to spread it around.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The romance just isn't there anymore

4. K

K Well-Known Member

OMG I'm dying over here. LOL Gem - you're the best!

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Y'all is KILLING me in here, gotdamn my guts hurt

6. nardolaflare

nardolaflare New Member

Ummmm I know wwbm MARRAGES that started online. What you mean?

7. K

K Well-Known Member

That's cool.

I don't know anyone who has met someone online and ended up in a relationship with them, for a long time now. Recently, all I've heard about is hookups - no relationships.

Some of that is probably going to have to do with the ages of people we know too. Most the people I know are 40-60ish.

8. nardolaflare

nardolaflare New Member

That might be why. I think I read that in the younger generation atleast, a third of couples start online. I know on my fb I see alot of relationships start that way from people I KNOW met online.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

*dead*

10. nardolaflare

nardolaflare New Member

I had a woman approach me before and ask me out. It was honestly the most flattering thing in my life. I was so unaccustomed to it that even when we went out I was all awkward and shit. I was like 18 at the time. I have girls flirt all the time but straight up ask me on a date AND pay? Only happened once and never since.

11. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Well, I am one of those people.
    It didn't work out in the end, but we have been together for 5 years, so it can happen.

12. K

K Well-Known Member

ok. I'm guessing since you are done with dating sites, it must not be that the people you are talking about are meeting on dating sites and getting involved?

I don't do FB, I was on there briefly and found it rather annoying. But how are people meeting on FB? Are they randomly approaching people?

13. K

K Well-Known Member

That's great U4E. You actually fit into what I was saying. I knew of quite a few who met online some years ago and had a relationship. In the last 1-2 years, not so much....more hookups (if anything) and not relationships.

14. nardolaflare

nardolaflare New Member

They have fb grouups that are like mini forums like this one. If not you see somebody post something on a friends status or something, add them, and chat up. Some people do it.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

oh I see. So sortof like Black Planet used to be. Yah I think I'll stick with real life. I'm just not really thinking that a bunch of older men are going to be doing all that to try to find someone.

16. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Well, people get bored more and more easily these days and they are constantly distracted by something.
    That's probably why.
    One guy I was chatting with a while ago used to play some online game at the same time.
    It was pretty annoying to know that he was not really focusing on our conversation. Guess I wasn't offering enough excitement like naked pics etc. LOL

17. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh well - his loss!

Maybe you are right. I know I can be guilty of it myself. I usually multi-task while online. But I'm not usually trying to talk to someone either. There does seem to be a much higher need for instant gratification.

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

the problem i have with online is not being able to read body language and the distance of ur interest.

im favorable to meeting someone in person but there are drawbacks to that too

19. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

FB groups are a great way to meet someone because you get to know them a bit by what they post. And if you meet them in a group such as a sports team fan group or a gamer's group, you already have that in common.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  20. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

My ex wife and I met via Blackplanet.com in 2004 I think. Together for 10 years, married for 8. If I was still attracted to her in any type of way instead of telling her I wanted an divorce, we would of lasted an life time.

When I was on my dog shit, I had multiple sidepieces at once who were really girlfriends because I spent vast amounts of time with them that all lasted about 2 years. Those could of lasted an life time too but I didn't want to settle down with any of them.

Tinder treated a dude pretty well.